what does it mean?

Aha that's a secret. No it's no.

Have a look here

https://airspeed.wordpress.com/2008/04/07/tomato-flames-flaps/

I found it quite by accident when looking for something else.

John

Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666

Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6GB 2 X 256MB SSD drives 1 X 500GB HDD

Windows 10 64bit Home Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe that some people are saying they are going to get the standard or deluxe versions...and not the premium deluxe?

If you can afford the PC needed to run MSFS2020 you can afford another $60 to get premium deluxe with ALL the hand crafted airports included.

Why do you worry what version someone gets? You must be a MS salesperson or you are nuts?

I wonder if GhostTown purchases the top of the line motor vehicle which has "all the bells and whistles" some of which he might never use? Maybe that is an unfair example as it is a lot more costly but surely you "get my drift".

John

Why do you worry what version someone gets? You must be a MS salesperson or you are nuts?

I think it just the guy's personality - he has started a number of threads regarding VR where he insists that VR is the ONLY way to go, that WE all should be buying it and if WE don't use VR then we are not TRUE simmers like HE (supposedly) is.....

Regards

Brian

I am not going to part with that much cash to get airports I might never fly to or planes that don't interest me. I spend very little time at airports in flight sims, and I can't tell if they are accurate or not, so it doesn't feel like I am missing out.
I love the smell of napalm on my cornflakes.

I can't believe that some people are saying they are going to get the standard or deluxe versions...and not the premium deluxe?

If you can afford the PC needed to run MSFS2020 you can afford another $60 to get premium deluxe with ALL the hand crafted airports included.

For me, you are right. I got the standard package but since then have spent a ridiculous amount on a new setup. Will be upgrading as soon as I can probably.

On the other hand - I’m a novice sim flier, not interested in big jets or handcrafted international airports yet so maybe the basic set is all I need. It has a good range of GA aircraft and a few good learners.

But I do fancy the S22 and the analog Cessna 72.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thought I had at least until October to get ready for MSFS but here it comes next week so I got a new Alienware R10 PC shipped to me on Monday, and thus I only purchased the Deluxe version for the Cessna 172 with the steam gauges, the rest I can upgrade to later. I only sim in GA aircraft so I am not enticed by the Heavies. What I don't get is why does anyone care and push what their financial decision was on others? Personally I am just glad MS came back into the Flight Sim game, had they never left there would have never been a reason for XPlane, something I have always seen as a sort of red headed step child. Tuesday the 18th is neigh.

Friend: "Remember 2020, what a year?"

Skypeace: "Yep I remember that was the year MS Flight Simulator debuted.

Hi,

The offering of aircraft in the DeLuxe and Premium is in principle more of the same, almost all aircraft are light GA's, all more of the same. Why???????.

I would have expected a different offering, more iconic vintage aircraft, warbirds, rotorcraft. The only reason why I added Deluxe is for the availability of EHAM

Piet de Geus

Netherlands

Hi,

The offering of aircraft in the DeLuxe and Premium is in principle more of the same, almost all aircraft are light GA's, all more of the same. Why???????.

I would have expected a different offering, more iconic vintage aircraft, warbirds, rotorcraft. The only reason why I added Deluxe is for the availability of EHAM

Piet de Geus

Netherlands

I totally agree. I have read elsewhere people complaining that there are no helicopters in ANY version. I am not interested in helicopters but surely when paying (a lot more) for the Premium, that a helicopter (as well as some other fixed wing aircraft types) would be included. I'm not 100% sure but I don't think I saw any gliders or floatplanes in any version.

It makes me wonder if Microsoft are "leaving the door open" for 3rd party developers to get some of the market?

John

There will be helicopters at a later date. Whether it’ll be a free update or a paid addon isn’t clear. As for floatplanes.. we do have the Icon A5. Maybe more will arrive later.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I totally agree. I have read elsewhere people complaining that there are no helicopters in ANY version. I am not interested in helicopters but surely when paying (a lot more) for the Premium, that a helicopter (as well as some other fixed wing aircraft types) would be included. I'm not 100% sure but I don't think I saw any gliders or floatplanes in any version.

It makes me wonder if Microsoft are "leaving the door open" for 3rd party developers to get some of the market?

Asobo was quite upfront about helicopters not being included on release, and that they would come later through an update.

Sure it's your perogotive but if I recall with fsx....those that only got the standard edition at some point had to add the acceleration package that deluxe owners did not...for an fps improvement

ok, but the case today is the versions only include specific addons, not core engine, so these addons if you still want them later on if you have the standard,

you will be able to buy either from third parties (better versions) or from MS im sure they will be in a promo package later in time

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

As for floatplanes.. we do have the Icon A5. Maybe more will arrive later.

Regards

Steve

Sorry I forgot about that light sport two seater floatplane.

I was thinking more like the DHC2 Beaver, DHC3 Turbo Otter and DHC6 Twin Otter, the 'workhorses' of floatplanes still used in Alaska and Canada.

John

So how about this.....I'm not buying any version!
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

So how about this.....I'm not buying any version!

Well I'm not going to be one of those people who buy it immediately it is released. I will sit back and see if there are people who experience problems etc and then make up my mind.

I can't wait to see the scenery on VFR flights but I am cautious.

John

What about the hundreds of youtube videos, Im saturated of them, lower spec, middle specs, people have been flying intensively for the last 30 days and recording their flights.

As someone in another Forum said:

If you are able to play Xplane or P3dv4.5 you will be able to run MSFS2020 fine, better than those.

The only thing we will have to wait for are the plane addons

Bugs and fixes? sure, but nothing that prevents you from using the best sim around

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Don't get me wrong I can't wait to "get my hands on" this.

I was just flying with XP and the scenery is so bland compared wth what I see with FS2020. I have lost count of the number of Youtube videos I have watched BUT every one I watched was basically about the amazing scenery. I have yet to find a watch a video showing the reality of aircraft movements etc to control input, how realistic instrument panel inputs and control surfaces are etc etc. Even when I search for "flight simulator 2020 cold and dark" in Youtube I find nothing.

I am assuming at least as good as an other FS out there but everyone seems to be going "ga ga" over the scenery and flight simulation is a lot more than that.

John

I am buying the Deluxe Edition. Why? Let me count the ways...

$60 for Prepar3D V5 Academic

$40 for Carenado light jet in P3D

$40 for Flightbeam et al KSFO in P3D

$40 for KORD from Dryzweiki (sp?)

$25 for Active Sky

$40 for A2A P51 Civilian

$40 for A2A Skyhawk (I do plan on buying their C182T)

$20 for Carenado B58

$30 for Carenado B350i. I am awaiting (and awaiting) for MilViz.

$Etc, etc, etc.

MSFS2020 is waaaaay ahead of other packages I have invested thousands of dollars in, right out of the box... er... download. I view the Deluxe Edition as very cost effective overall.

John

Once again "horses for courses".

Obviously you are very interested in all those addon aircraft but for "moi" I am very happy with what comes with the Standard version. If someone releases the B738 I could be interested in that as an addon but its not included in the Deluxe anyway.

I wonder why so many single engined aircraft and not more twins and jets?

John

Hey Jp! I don't know if it was yesterday or bright and ugly this morning, but I found a YouTube video showing stall and spin characteristics for some of the planes. I've also watched so many I've lost count. I was 10 minutes into a really good one when I realized I'd already seen it. I don't remember the author of the stall and spin video, but if it pops up again, I'll PM you.

Don't know what kind of flight model they're using now, but the spins looked great and very realistic in the 152 and stalls looked accurate in the 172.