Airbus or Boeing? Your Favorite?

Back years ago, especially based on the 747, I'd have preffered anything Boeing built. But the ongoing Max saga makes me a little skittish about all Boeing models. As the song asks "how long has this been going on?"

BTW: Those are all great shots! ;)

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Michael - Thanks for your comments! Boeing has and always will be a reputable manufacturer of jet airliners! This is what happens when companies are given half a chance of cutting corners in order to save money and/or time. The "watch dogs" that would have been there to catch this, weren't there, but, they miraculously appeared once there were two air disasters, costing many lives!

No, as new technology proceeds forward, you can't let your guard down when requiring the safety checks that have been in place for years! This has cost not only Boeing in additional costs, but also, the loss of loved ones who paid the price in boarding these aircraft!

You can bet, if Boeing can survive this dilemma, the aircraft rolling off the assembly lines today, will be MUCH safer now than they ever were! I can't speak for the affected 737 MAX aircraft, whether those will ever be made safe enough to ensure safety to the flying public! I hope Boeing stays alive thruout this incident(s)!!! You can bet your bottom dollar, people will be looking to see what model aircraft they will be boarding! The MAX aircraft may have a "Scarlet Letter" to wear forever? And, it will probably cost the airlines and Boeing dearly for years to come! JMHO!:rolleyes:

Rick :cool:

Edited by Downwind66

I can deal with both. Boeing has always been my go to. Years ago when I got to get a ride in the Yankee Lady B-17, there was an ATP learning to fly the Fortress for the museum. After the flight I asked who he flew for and what aircraft. I forgot what airline but the next piece of the conversation didn't go well. He said he flew an Airbus. I said well that's a cool plane. He looked straight at me and said, "It's a piece of junk!" I tried to salvage the conversation and meekly said, "Well, the panel is cool." I just quietly walked away. :o

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks David and Larry!

To me, they have become equals! I was at one time, "Pro Boeing!" I like the smaller Airbus, and I have got to where I enjoy flying them! Airbus panels are fairly standardized between most of the models, so any "Rick" mods I need to make, is easily done to any newer downloads!:rolleyes:

Thanks guys! - Rick :cool:

Here is equal time for the small members of the stables.

An A318 leaving the South of France.

A 737-600 climbing out of Saskatoon.

Both on early morning flights headed for the city.

A318.jpg

737-600.jpg

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Thanks Bob and Adam!

When I first started getting into the Airbus line, it was just okay and then going back to the Boeings, I would get that "Ahhhh..........!" feeling like being reacquainted with an old friend. But now they both are great aircraft with no EXTRA feelings for one over the other!

Thanks guys!

Rick :cool: