Defualt Sky Rendering Issues

Hi all, I have just installed FSX SE on my new system and have set it up using the same settings that were on my old one just to give me a bench mark before I customise them and I have noticed that the sky is rending in blocks instead of a smooth grade from light to dark. I initially thought that it might be the lens flare but this doesn't seem to have effected this when I switch it on and off:

2020-6-12_18-7-2-783.jpg

The image isn't the best as I have had to crop and drop the quality but it is good enough to see what I am referring too. If anyone could offer any information or solutions they would be greatly accepted ! Thanks !

Edited by c.r36156636
ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8-4.4GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz RAM, 1TB Kingston NV1 SSD, 1TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD, 240GB Maxtor Z1 2.5" SSD, MSI Radeon RX 5600 XT.

That picture looks as if you are at a very low resolution. You'll need a higher resolution (and/or more colors, depending on the choices on your system), and probably antialiasing as well, to get rid of that banding. And you can see on the "flying wires" on the aircraft the little steps that also indicate that antialiasing would help a lot.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

That picture looks as if you are at a very low resolution. You'll need a higher resolution (and/or more colors, depending on the choices on your system), and probably antialiasing as well, to get rid of that banding. And you can see on the "flying wires" on the aircraft the little steps that also indicate that antialiasing would help a lot.

Same settings must be wrong!

Resolution should be set to monitor default and colour resolution to the best you can get.

Show content of FSX.cfg... we'll soon tell you where you went wrong...!

Thanks for the reply both, below are the graphics and scenery settings from the options within FSX:

Graphics.PNG

Scenery.PNG

If you would like I can find the lines in the CFG file. Thanks !

ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8-4.4GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz RAM, 1TB Kingston NV1 SSD, 1TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD, 240GB Maxtor Z1 2.5" SSD, MSI Radeon RX 5600 XT.

In the Graphics settings, make sure that the Anti-aliasing box is ticked - it isn't in your screenshot and this will cause the banding in your sky textures and many other issues.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks all ! Has worked brilliantly !