Duplicate nav lights??

On a PA A320 I'm using, it seems to have duplicated nav lights, one set being correctly positioned and being little pin-pricks of light (as I prefer) and the other appearing to hang about a foot below the end of the wing and being bigger globes of light.

On another PA 320 sharing the same aircraft.cfg but a different model and texture, there is only one set of nav lights, the correctly positioned pin pricks. The said .cfg seems to be referencing nav light effects ending "320pa" which I assume are bespoke PA effects.

What may be causing the duplicate lights and how might I remove them?

Sorry for all my entry level questions and thanks in advance for any replies.

NK

On a PA A320 I'm using, it seems to have duplicated nav lights, one set being correctly positioned and being little pin-pricks of light (as I prefer) and the other appearing to hang about a foot below the end of the wing and being bigger globes of light.

On another PA 320 sharing the same aircraft.cfg but a different model and texture, there is only one set of nav lights, the correctly positioned pin pricks. The said .cfg seems to be referencing nav light effects ending "320pa" which I assume are bespoke PA effects.

What may be causing the duplicate lights and how might I remove them?

Sorry for all my entry level questions and thanks in advance for any replies.

NK

Don't know the addon in question, but nav lights can be either addon or part of the mdl.

If part of the mdl then removing them from there should solve the problem, and if not ask you will need to ask the developer to do it.

On another PA 320 sharing the same aircraft.cfg but a different model and texture, ...

Not such a good idea...

Looks like one model has nav lights as part of it, while the other model hasn't.

Create a separate aircraft folder (with a separate aircraft.cfg) for the PA 320 model with the duplicates.

In that folder, removing the nav lights from aircraft.cfg should do the trick.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

One way to solve it, if you really like the model that has duplicate nav lights, Create a new folder, move that model folder to it, add the .air file to it, the proper texture folder to it, make a copy of the aircraft.cfg and also edit out the nav lights line under [lights] and add that to the new folder, copy the sound folder into the new folder. Now rename the new folder to PA A320 (airline name) and you will have a working new aircraft. Jeeze, also add the panel folder!!!

Be sure to copy the appropriate [fltsim.xx] to the new aircraft.cfg. or just delete the other [fltsim.x] and make the existing one [fltsim.0].

Hope this isn't too confusing! Just basing this on Mark's assumption of one model has the nav lights modeled into it.

Ah, Wim! Ya beat me to it! ;)

Edited by mrzippy

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️