Pontcysllte Aqueduct Part 2

app via.jpg

exit last.jpg

climbout.jpg

going home.jpg

side view.jpg

down.jpg

And before anyone with Interpol, UK Aviation, etc. contacts you. That's my plane, but I didn't actually fly it in these illegal antics!!!! It probably was that rascal Jan Von Peerhoven who did it!!

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

And before anyone with Interpol, UK Aviation, etc. contacts you. That's my plane, but I didn't actually fly it in these illegal antics!!!! It probably was that rascal Jan Von Peerhoven who did it!!

Michael

Well it is near a "body of water" :)

Nice shots! I'll be there shortly.

Thanks for those great shots Michael! I've been over that aqueduct on my parent's narrowboat four times - there's a towpath on one side only, on the other side there's only a few inches of cast iron between you and thin air, the cast iron is lower than the deck of the narrowboat and there's a sewage treatment works beneath that side too. They should issue parachutes at each end!

Pontcysllte.jpg

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

rascal

[ˈrask(ə)l]

NOUN

a mischievous or cheeky person, especially a child or man (typically used in an affectionate way).

"a lovable rascal" · [more]

synonyms:

scallywag · scamp · devil · imp · monkey · mischievous person · mischief-maker · wretch · horror · monster · perisher · spalpeen · tyke · scally · varmint · hellion · rip · rapscallion · scapegrace · scoundrel · rogue · ne'er-do-well · good-for-nothing · reprobate · [more]

hmmmmm, if it looks like a rascal and it sounds like a rascal then more than likely it is a Von Peerhoven :D

More nice shots! :pilot: I’ll refrain from the rascal conversation :)

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gary, just because I'm a friend, you're very close to some nose treatments. If I may say so.

Tiger 62 / Tim: I walked over the towpath and looked at the beautiful narrow boats in the canal and on the aqueduct. Awesome! I also witnessed the "unplugging" years ago. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for those great shots Michael! I've been over that aqueduct on my parent's narrowboat four times - there's a towpath on one side only, on the other side there's only a few inches of cast iron between you and thin air, the cast iron is lower than the deck of the narrowboat and there's a sewage treatment works beneath that side too. They should issue parachutes at each end!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]216680[/ATTACH]

Hey Tim, Molly and I have narrowboated across it too. In fact the last trip over we traversed the Falkirk Wheel as well.

Having said that, the highlight of our last trip was riding a motorcycle on the Isle of Mann TT course!! No I didn't turn a 100mph+ lap! But being an old flat track and road bike racer in the US, riding the Isle circuit was truly high on my bucket list!!

Sadly it doesn't appear we'll make the trip over this year!!:mad: We had reservations to make the trip to and from on the Queen Mary II with a couple of friends again. But I'm pretty sure we'll be lucky to get far out of Kentucky this summer!

Michael

BTW: I'm shocked at how well the ORBX and Scotflight for ORBX portrayed both the Aqueduct and the Falkirk Wheel! Either one to me, could almost resemble a picture they are so well done!

Edited by Rupert

Gary, just because I'm a friend, you're very close to some nose treatments. If I may say so.

Tiger 62 / Tim: I walked over the towpath and looked at the beautiful narrow boats in the canal and on the aqueduct. Awesome! I also witnessed the "unplugging" years ago. :)

Hey Jan, I take Narrowboat Magazine so I know that it happened, though I was in Kentucky at that time. I'm just curious, since I read it was drained to do repair work, I have to wonder. Did you watch the "unplugging" or cause the "unplugging?" :p

Michael