WOOOOOOT!!! U.S.S. Langley departing Helgoland (FSX)

Aircraft Carrier and Seaplane Tender USS Langley for FSX by Erwin Welker. The vessel was converted from the collier USS Jupiter (comissioned in 1913) to the first US Navy aircraft carrier Langley with 36 biplanes in 1922.

Converted again in 1937 from an aircraft carrier to a seaplane tender were Langley fought in the Pacific war and sunk in the end of February 1942 after several Japanese bomb attacks.

FSX Gold Edition with Acceleration

Freeware USS Langley by Erwin Welker (both the aircraft carrier and the seaplane tender are included)

Payware Helgoland scenery

Freeware HDE-V2 clouds.

Here's the Aircraft Carrier Langley on a prewar visit to Helgoland.

Please click on the pics for a better view:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Quite a construction isn't it?

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Thanks very much for your visit!

GREETS!

Edited by peer01
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great looking ship!! I remember when the navy "made smoke" to hide the movements of ships. It happened a lot in the Pacific Theater of WWII. Bth with this one ship making smoke out there by itself, it'd probably be pretty easy to spot!
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Amazing! In France, we had something called the Bearn, a carrier in 1940. It didn't was used much and served to something, if I remember well, like carrying French gold to the West, and carrying P-38s to France
Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Now that’s an old time carrier! I like the backlit pics with the sun :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Didn't know much that era. It stopped working by 1924 from what they say

And I checked for the Bearn: it moved some ( :) ) French gold to the U.S. to pay for the Curtiss P-36, and brought crates back

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Never mind Gerard, all those early try outs may look odd today, but they were state of the art in their time.:)

Yep! Even European countries were state of the art in 1939, the world in 1914, the great Christian empire by 1500 AD, etc. etc. :):)