Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Work Horse in Aviation History, Still Serving Us Well!

Cool A Work Horse in Aviation History, Still Serving Us Well!

With this aircraft, no words needed!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-9-17_8-47-56-581.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	248.6 KB 
ID:	212069

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-9-17_8-56-49-326.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	233.0 KB 
ID:	212070

Rick

When I worked at Manchester EGCC, I was a workhorse in aviation and I served them well too lol.

Col.

Well, alrighty then!

Rick

You said a mouthful brudder! -- Bob

Makes me happy!!!!!

Blog Entries

A real beauty!

7. Default

No intro necessary.
    Standing tall!

Thanks Colin, Bob, Jan, David and Macroburst! Many older aircraft seem to find their way to the boneyards for scrap. The DC-3 family seems to have survived not ending up there. After the scrapping of many Boeing 747's, the aviation freight industry has surprisingly realized that there is still a need for these great aircraft, given their size and their extended flight capabilities. So sad to see the videos of all those who have met their demise! So easy to get rid of the great aircraft that have been so meticulously maintained by the airline industry over the years. Once they're gone, they're gone, no getting them back! It's a better option for all parties, to keep 'em flying, where the condition of the aircraft is such, they can continue fulfilling their service life in another aviation venue!

Thank goodness we all have the flight sims that allows us to stay in touch with the older aircraft regardless of their flying/non flying status in the aviation world! To me, when I watch some of the YouTube videos of the annual airshows such as Dayton, Oshkosh, Lakeland Sun 'n Fun and some of the European airshows, you sometimes see them announce an aircraft as being the only 1 or 1 of few such aircraft left flying! That to me shows you just how special those aircraft are, aircraft that someone has paid close attention in restoring and/or maintaining the aircraft , in a condition that we all can enjoy! I guess that is why I have become so attached to the older warbird downloads. These aircraft have done their job, but now it's time to let them "Strut their Stuff" and show off their capabilities! I often comment, "I love them all!" They are all uniquely different and yet special in their own way!

Rick

Yes. On the other hand, I think that a question is, why the skills and engineers who allowed for those great planes now have disappeared, just allowing mediocrity and unreliability
    Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Quote Originally Posted by flightsimg View Post
    Yes. On the other hand, I think that a question is, why the skills and engineers who allowed for those great planes now have disappeared, just allowing mediocrity and unreliability
    Good point, Gerard, and that makes the aircraft of old, that much more special! Yes, it's pretty said to watch what has happened to Boeing and their
    MAX 8/9 aircraft that has taken so many lives!

Rick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast