Peer Hoven ATC?

After a 3 hour flight from Detroit, ATC decided to route me much to close to an MD80 to landing. Seems as if I recall Jan having a similar situation a long time ago. Does he employ the controllers? We may never know. :D :cool:

Of course he blew right by me

fsscr012.jpg

And landed in front of me. I was told to go around. Nope, not after 3 hours!

fsscr013.jpg

fsscr014.jpg

fsscr015.jpg

Now he is wearing me as a hat!

fsscr016.jpg

Exacting revenge, I will get around him and take his gate :mad:

fsscr017.jpg

fsscr018.jpg

Ha! Just sit out there!

fsscr019.jpg

Just say no to Peer Hoven ATC :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David - It hasn't happened to me lately, but I have been on a final, set up around 10-11 miles out. ATC already contacted, but not cleared for landing! I am just riding out the approach when a AI jetliner cuts right in front of me (hell, they have even flown right over me) at about 3 miles out, they contact ATC and are cleared to land, and like you, they tell me to "go around!!

It will definitely make you spit bullets! But, did I blame Jan? No, never thought of it, until you brought it up!

Rick :cool:

Nice save David. That could have been a Peerhoven level catastrophe. :p

May least it wasn’t raining = water. Could have been much worse!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David - It hasn't happened to me lately, but I have been on a final, set up around 10-11 miles out. ATC already contacted, but not cleared for landing! I am just riding out the approach when a AI jetliner cuts right in front of me (hell, they have even flown right over me) at about 3 miles out, they contact ATC and are cleared to land, and like you, they tell me to "go around!!

It will definitely make you spit bullets! But, did I blame Jan? No, never thought of it, until you brought it up!

Rick :cool:

It drives me nuts when the sim does that. I would never blame our good friend, just his employees :D :rolleyes:

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well done!

Have that occur every once in a while

(Sometimes it's good to have grass capable tires....)

:cool:

That’s an idea. Tundra tires for a 787! :cool:

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Whenever I get another aircraft cut me up when I'm on finals I use ''Traffic Tools' and just delete it, you haven't deleted it from your sim just that particular flight, and/or use one of the traffic separator programs.

Col.

Thanks Colin. This I why I like this site. Just an amazing amount of knowledge here! I need to look into that.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi! Fine all this! I didn't know the Traffic Tool trick (is that well the TrafficToolbox featured with the SDK?). Usually I just hit 'Y' and wait for the other plane to land and vacate :):)
Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Hi! Fine all this! I didn't know the Traffic Tool trick (is that well the TrafficToolbox featured with the SDK?). Usually I just hit 'Y' and wait for the other plane to land and vacate :):)

OK, what does "Y" do? I'm learning all kinds of stuff today.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First of all: all off my ATC staff members world-wide are amazingly trained and very carefully selected! second: that airport doesn't look familiar at all, means there is NO von Peerhoven employee there. Seems logical if I see the result. Besides that: I'm proud to see your reactions, like a true von Peerhoven graduate. I only miss the festival of nose-punches afterwards. Pity.

Edit: you can also change the time a few minutes, they will be gone.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First of all: all off my ATC staff members world-wide are amazingly trained and very carefully selected! second: that airport doesn't look familiar at all, means there is NO von Peerhoven employee there. Seems logical if I see the result. Besides that: I'm proud to see your reactions, like a true von Peerhoven graduate. I only miss the festival of nose-punches afterwards. Pity.

Edit: you can also change the time a few minutes, they will be gone.....

You have a point there. It was San Antonio, Texas. Bunch of Cowboys.

a von Hoven graduate?! I have finally made it!!!!!!!! Do I get a special patch for my signature line?? Please, please! :D:cool::pilot:

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK, what does "Y" do?

It's the default slew toggle. That freezes your plane but let the surrounding world keep moving :) In that Y mode you can also slew your plane in either direction with the arrow keys or your joystick

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

It's the default slew toggle. That freezes your plane but let the surrounding world keep moving :) In that Y mode you can also slew your plane in either direction with the arrow keys or your joystick

I am familiar with the Slew Mode. I forgot it was the "Y" key. I haven't used it in a while. I also didn't know that everything else kept moving while in the Slew Mode. Thanks Gerard! That will definitely help in the future.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

I don't recall the full details, but there is an order as to who gets to land first. That AI probably contacted ATC before you so it got clearded for the approach first.

And yes, I have this happen all the time at busy airports (I have lots of WOAI airlines flying around). And I have wake turbulence enabled in ASE. So I won't have my approach messed up and I will zap that AI with Traffic Tools... but the wake turbulence will still be there...

Regards,

Dirk.

Hi,

I don't recall the full details, but there is an order as to who gets to land first. That AI probably contacted ATC before you so it got clearded for the approach first.

And yes, I have this happen all the time at busy airports (I have lots of WOAI airlines flying around). And I have wake turbulence enabled in ASE. So I won't have my approach messed up and I will zap that AI with Traffic Tools... but the wake turbulence will still be there...

Regards,

Dirk.

You are correct. He was cleared for the approach before me. ATC routed me closer and I intercepted the localizer before he did. They cleared me to land first. Then they cleared him to land (follow the aircraft in final). But went he overtook me, I was told to go around. After a 3 hour flight and dinner just about ready I just said the hell with it. :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi! Fine all this! I didn't know the Traffic Tool trick (is that well the TrafficToolbox featured with the SDK?).

Yes, check out this thread, for FSX.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?295931-FSX-SE-How-to-install-Traffic-Toolbox

For FS9, it's a lot less complicated. Just install and it should appear in the menu bar.

Regards,

Dirk.

:mad::mad: Berlin Tempelhof, after landing and taxiing to the gate. Out of the blue! I also overran them! PAH!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]208506[/ATTACH]

Take them out! Make them pay!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived