Boeing B-50 "Weather" leaving Anette Island (FSX)

peer01

I'm still impressed by this freeware Big prop from Manfred Jahn and his team. Here's one from the "Weather Dept" from the USAF / MATS.

So: No turrets on this baby:

FSX Gold edition incl. Acceleration

Freeware B-50 by Manfred Jahn and his team

Orbx payware scenery

Freeware HDE-V2 clouds

Freeware Drzewiecki grass-textures.

From the military ramp at Anette Island (Alaska)

Please click on the pics to enlarge:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Thanks for looking, I hope you enjoyed the pics.

GREETS!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gerard: I'm certainly not an atomic bomber. :D

Darryl: Thanks very much, whatever, B29 or B-50, they're look a likes :)

Jim: I also have some B-50's WITH turrets ;) Thanks! :) And beware: I can organize terrible weather for the next 3 years!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Jan,

Those things under the wings aren't floats. But, I can see why you would mistake them for such.

Beautiful shots of a great bird with those wonderful round engines. They do make music to ones ears, don't they?

Bill

Bill Mattson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Airspeed, altitude and ideas, bad to run out of all three at the same time

" I also have some B-50's WITH turrets " - Jan

PAH ! Mine already has turrets, locked and loaded, and it's being flown by the World Famous Ace of the Airways, with special flight lessons from

Gerard. HAH ! >>>>

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

Hey Bill :D;) thanks very much!! :) Yes, those round engines make beautiful music indeed! :cool:

Jim, but my B-50 has nice red parts and things. Yours is very dull. Nice video btw edit: who is that "World Famous Ace of the Airways"character? Do we know him? HUH! :mad:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

" I also have some B-50's WITH turrets " - Jan

PAH ! Mine already has turrets, locked and loaded, and it's being flown by the World Famous Ace of the Airways, with special flight lessons from

Gerard. HAH ! >>>>

Jim - I like the video! Nice aircraft, it even gives you a tail skid so you can leave your autograph in the asphalt!

Very nice! Rick :cool:

I am sorry to say that mine has no red parts, nor the fine texture, and panel that Jan's does. Yes, compared to Jan's , mine is dull :( . I downloaded it some time ago, and here is all that I have on it. Maybe I just don't have the updated version ? With those nice red parts. ( snif ) :(

>>>> Created by 'Team 50' - models, textures and Monitor gauge by

Manfred Jahn, sound set by Ted Wolfgang, and research, testing and

tweaking by Marc Roth. The flight dynamics are largely based on the

'generic' C-97 design originally created by Wayne Tudor (RIP)

B50D.jpg

Thanks for the pics Zippy, they look good! :cool::cool::cool: You have the other livery with red parts, also beautiful! And I see static Peacemakers in pic 1.

I definitely have the weather version you are showing!:cool: I have Peacemakers and Vindicators (Hustlers) on the tarmac at Carswell and also flying in the skies. Vindicators is a reference to the movie "Fail Safe".

fail-safe-peter-chilelli.jpg

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Lovely set of shots. The 50 was the ultimate development of the 29, like a super 29 more or less. This model was the mothership that hauled Chuck Yeager's X1 during the series of test flights that includes the history making one. I remember seeing a sad documentary of one B-29 (Kee Bird) that force landed in the arctic circle in 1947 and was preserved in a time capsule condition, and some tried to rescue it in 1994, a lot of hard work and cost to get her airworthy, but tragically she caught fire when they tried to start her up. By the way Annette is written with two n's , you wouldn't do Annette Haven proud to misspell her name. :pilot:

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm still impressed by this freeware Big prop from Manfred Jahn and his team. Here's one from the "Weather Dept" from the USAF / MATS.

So: No turrets on this baby

Thanks for looking, I hope you enjoyed the pics.

GREETS!!

Great shots-

never really noticed the skid plate on that big boy!

2018-11-19_21-37-08.jpg

plate.jpg

plate2.jpg

Cool stuff!

Great shots-

never really noticed the skid plate on that big boy!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]206056[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]206057[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]206058[/ATTACH]

Cool stuff!

Yes Macroburst, I purposely gave a very clear demonstration on the proper use of that skid in my video. >>>>

:rolleyes:

with special flight lessons from

Gerard. HAH !

Better late than never! :) I really appreciate, GBJim, your recognition :) On the other hand, looks like a heavy plane on final. Looks like he could stall easily

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Archived