Lost FSX Acceleration Pack CD

FSXnewbie

Hi,

I just wondered if anyone would be able to help. I have FSX Gold Edition, which has FSX Deluxe edition and the Acceleration pack, unfortunately the CD for the Acceleration pack has been lost, I have the product key but no CD.

Is there anywhere you can download the installer for Acceleration pack or get a replacement CD without having to purchase the pack again?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

I just wondered if anyone would be able to help. I have FSX Gold Edition, which has FSX Deluxe edition and the Acceleration pack, unfortunately the CD for the Acceleration pack has been lost, I have the product key but no CD.

Is there anywhere you can download the installer for Acceleration pack or get a replacement CD without having to purchase the pack again?

Thanks

No where that I know of. Your best and cheapest bet is to buy FSX-SE (Steam Edition).

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi,

Thanks

Shouldn't have lost the CD.

Your ONLY option is to install FSX Steam, which incorporates Acceleration.

Fortunately If you wait for one of Steams regular sales, you can pick it up for a fiver.

In the meantime, you can install Service Packs 1 and 2 to your basic FSX Gold, if you can find them online.

Yes, you shouldn't have lost the CD. Oh well, yes, FSX Steam is a good option, probably the best. However, I was just on Ebay and there is a listing, bid item, no bidders, $10 starting bid, $6.95 shipping. Bid time will be up in 3 days, if you have the time and patience, bid $10 and see what happens! Listing says disc is in "Good" shape. Up to you, at least you have your product key. This one will probably come with one, but if you have yours, that is all the better for a guarantee or peace of mind!

Rick :cool:

Yes, you shouldn't have lost the CD. Oh well, yes, FSX Steam is a good option, probably the best. However, I was just on Ebay and there is a listing, bid item, no bidders, $10 starting bid, $6.95 shipping. Bid time will be up in 3 days, if you have the time and patience, bid $10 and see what happens! Listing says disc is in "Good" shape. Up to you, at least you have your product key. This one will probably come with one, but if you have yours, that is all the better for a guarantee or peace of mind!

Be warned, The CD needs registering and if the Ebay one is already registered, you're borked... This is one reason why I say the Steam option is the only trustworthy purchase proposition.

Be warned, The CD needs registering and if the Ebay one is already registered, you're borked... This is one reason why I say the Steam option is the only trustworthy purchase proposition.

Okay, Mallcott, I am not going to "split hairs" with you. The Ebay listing for the Acceleration disk does come with it's own product key (picture of the disk with the product key is shown). You say if the one on Ebay is already registered, "You're borked' whatever that means. I purchased a used FSX Gold set off Ebay and it was previously used and I would have to say previously registered, and it worked fine! In that Microsoft no longer supports FSX anyway, a previously registered program is not going to be locked out from granting use to a subsequent owner/user. The product key is just what it is, similar to your front door key. It allows you access! And, when the subsequent owner inserts the acceleration disk for download and when prompted for the product key, the program will not know that it is not Mr Jones (original owner) reinstalling his acceleration program, but a subsequent owner/user Mr Smith. I have never had a Microsoft product to scrutinize ownership. If you have a programmed disk with a valid product key, that in itself is the program's security validation. I do understand there could be max number of times a disk can be used, but will this be the case on a used purchase off Ebay? I don't have a crystal ball, and I can't tell you that the OP will end up being "borked!"

The seller says the item is in good condition, which you have to take his word for that until you receive the product, and only then will you know in fact it is or isn't! The only gamble here, is $16.95 and if I was a betting man, I would say this will continue to work for anyone that has the disk and product key!

Many people out there spending more than that on lottery scratch offs!

JMHO, and it is the OP's decision in the end. He has more options than FSX Steam! :rolleyes:

Archived