Panama Canal Zone.

GBJim

Very enjoyable as usual Jim! Having said that, if I were three and flying with floats I'd probably get wet in each of the various canal pools. :rolleyes:

Or Jan would have found at least one even without the floats! ;)

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Hi!

Fine tropical atmosphere! Give me the envy to draw me some cocktail, something like a whisky-Martini, with a olive or two! :cool:

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Make that 2 Whiskey-Martini's, mine without the olives. Olives belong in salads. I would also like a bottle of Chablis with it.

Nice pics of the Canal zone. Dutch contractors played a major role in digging the Canal. We like to see a lot of water everywhere you know! :mad:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice pics of the Canal zone. Dutch contractors played a major role in digging the Canal. We like to see a lot of water everywhere you know! :mad:

NOW THAT MAKES SENSE!! All these years you've been trying to dig more canals with your airplanes!;)

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205379[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]205377[/ATTACH]

Very enjoyable as usual Jim! Having said that, if I were three and flying with floats I'd probably get wet in each of the various canal pools. :rolleyes:

Or Jan would have found at least one even without the floats! ;)

Michael

Come to think of it, I may have seen evidence that Jan was there.

Janat sea 3.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205377[/ATTACH]

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

1) EEEewwwwwwww!! That cheese looks...disgusting! Blech!

2) I was down there in the summer of '75, working on a charter fishing boat. My grandfather (maternal) was in the Army Corps of Engineers down there when my mother came about. After my folks got married, they went down there a few times. My grandparents had a nice power boat on Gatun Lake, and owned a bohio...a small, 2 story floating platform with a roof. Good thing too. It rains like a son-uv-a-gun there about 4:12 PM every day. EVERY day!

Anyway, the guy that owned the charter fishing boat was in the Corps of Engineers with my grandfather, and bought the boat after he retired. Nice boat too. My folks thought it would broaden my horizons, or something, to work on the boat for the summer. When we were in dock, we were moored to a buoy in the Balboa Yacht Club. You could see it, if it were there, in picture #2, off to the left of that bridge, which is misrouted, btw. It goes across the harbour in front of the the first set of locks, Pacific Side. You should see the lightning show that plays around the bridge during the afternoon thunderstorm, though! Gorgeous! On thing I didn't like was when a boat went through the locks, the boat I was staying on would rock. a LOT.

Nice thing though, once the bar opened at the Yacht Club, about noon or so, I could drink there. They didn't card people. Me, anyway. I met the nicest girl there...daughter of a California Superior Court Judge. Great guy. Called himself Foxy. Much better descriptor for his daughter, though ;D

Me and she danced the night away in the Yacht Club. Great times...

Anywho, other than the bridge and the missing Balboa Yacht Club, great pictures :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Pat - You must have been a real "lady killer" back in your day! Every story you share with us, a lady always seems to come up! Nothing wrong with that!

Don't you just wish you could go back in time, just for a short visit, just to make sure you didn't leave any unfinished business!? :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for sharing! You are the man! - Rick :cool:

Pat - You must have been a real "lady killer" back in your day! Every story you share with us, a lady always seems to come up! Nothing wrong with that!

Don't you just wish you could go back in time, just for a short visit, just to make sure you didn't leave any unfinished business!? :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for sharing! You are the man! - Rick :cool:

Thanks Rick! Appreciate the good words :D

I did get to see the "green flash" once, and it was in Panama. Off-shore, heading for a mooring for the night. Really nifty!

I got to swim with a pod of dolphins one night, too. Almost full moon, and the little critters in the sea were bio-luminescing like you wouldn't believe. Dive in the water, and you're covered in cold, blue fire. As though someone dumped a warehouse full of chem-lite sticks all over the place. The water down there is SO clear...

200' to the bottom, but it looks like you could reach out and touch it. The dolphins and I were blue streaks in our mooring cove. After they got bored with me, they swam back out to sea, never saw them again.

Never try to touch bottom when it's that far down, though. A dolphin pushed me back to the surface, thank goodness. Nearly drowned that night.

But what a night!!

Jim, and Gerard, thanks for the great pictures, and the trip down memory lane...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived