Taxi Speed Addon

NPFsx-RET

All-Was searching YouTube for FSX related stuff. I ran across one post video, of which a fellow had an addon, which allowed him to set his taxi speed it displayed in a small box in the windscreen. I am assuming it was FSX it was being used in. I cannot find the video again, nor the addon he was talking about. I use FSX, and this would be handy with large aircraft of which those are my preference to fly. Any assistance with this would be appreciated.

Maybe it was the MFP (MultiFunctionPanel) from Flusifix. This works only for FS9 and FSX. It is only in German! http://www.wolfgang-picheta.de/flusifix06.htm

No further support because it doesn't work for P3DMFP.jpg

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

You're looking for Rob Barendregt's Ground Handling Gauges in the library here:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=199050

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

You're looking for Rob Barendregt's Ground Handling Gauges in the library here:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=199050

Tim's line takes you right to a download page. Page doesn't tell you what your are downloading, but it's probably for the download he is talking about. I had a freeware download once that included it, and I truly enjoyed it! ##### I just downloaded it, and it is the one you want and it is for FSX #####

rcbgh-40.zip is for FS2004, this one that Tim pointed out is for rcbgh-60.zip which is for FSX.

Thanks Tim!!

Rick :cool:

Tim's line takes you right to a download page. Page doesn't tell you what your are downloading, but it's probably for the download he is talking about. I had a freeware download once that included it, and I truly enjoyed it! ##### I just downloaded it, and it is the one you want and it is for FSX #####

rcbgh-40.zip is for FS2004, this one that Tim pointed out is for rcbgh-60.zip which is for FSX.

Thanks Tim!!

Rick :cool:

Correct....

Just another note on versions:

- V5 (rcbgh-50.zip) was for FSX only.

- V6 (rcbgh-60.zip) is for FSX AND P3D (including 64-bit P3Dv4); selectable in the panel.cfg definition.

Main improvements in V6, besides 64-bit sim support:

- Optionally, a new "free-control" Pushback implementation.

- An all new Taxispeed gauge implementation, which now works accurately for any aircraft.

Which you can even use for Tow truck simulation when the engines are Off.

Rob

All-This was it, it took a while to figure out exactly what the creator wanted me to do to get it to work. I am going to try to contact him and see if I can work on his directions to make them easier for us non programmer types, who don't install aftermarket games all that much. It sure makes pushback and taxing easier. Great little addon. The brakes don't work properly in the Virtavia C-17 like they do in the other planes. Still way easier controlling plane on the ground with this. Thank you all for the assistance.

All-This was it, it took a while to figure out exactly what the creator wanted me to do to get it to work. I am going to try to contact him and see if I can work on his directions to make them easier for us non programmer types, who don't install aftermarket games all that much. It sure makes pushback and taxing easier. Great little addon. The brakes don't work properly in the Virtavia C-17 like they do in the other planes. Still way easier controlling plane on the ground with this. Thank you all for the assistance.

Er, Rob (rcbarend above) IS the developer...

I have flown over 1000 hours in the Virtavia C-17, and love the plane. I've been in a couple of virtual military groups, and that's where a good portion of my hours come from.

You have to be gentle with her, anticipate every little thing, such as slowing way down ahead of time for making turns and braking. I won't taxi her much above 15 knots on the ground (even when empty and on a long straight taxiway). When I come up upon a turn, i slow down to around 5-7 knots to make the turn, even that sometimes can be fast, depending on the load I'm carrying. She's not like a little Cessna, she got alot of weight behind her to stop, she won't stop on a dime.

Want a real challenge for a big bird, try the C-5 or even the A380!!!! :)

I have flown over 1000 hours in the Virtavia C-17, and love the plane. I've been in a couple of virtual military groups, and that's where a good portion of my hours come from.

You have to be gentle with her, anticipate every little thing, such as slowing way down ahead of time for making turns and braking. I won't taxi her much above 15 knots on the ground (even when empty and on a long straight taxiway). When I come up upon a turn, i slow down to around 5-7 knots to make the turn, even that sometimes can be fast, depending on the load I'm carrying. She's not like a little Cessna, she got alot of weight behind her to stop, she won't stop on a dime.

Want a real challenge for a big bird, try the C-5 or even the A380!!!! :)

Yes, I have learned go slow, it does not turn on a dime. I keep it around 15 as well. I am thinking about the C-5 and C-130, it depends, if I get too many of them, I won't get good in any of them, so might D/L the planes but will keep flying this one until I got it down pat. FWIW-Steam version refuses to enable the speed button in AP. Not sure why.

Archived