Why snow?

Jive1

Hey!

I fly FS9 since 2004...

I have never before seen this: sometimes at some unexpected place there is snow and the ground is white as if it snowed all the time.

See the screen annexed.

That example is in Ebgland somewhere, kut it happened already at several others places, even now when the weather should give sun and no snow at all.

Doen anybody know Why this happens, and gow I can avoid this phenomenon….

Greetz

Jive1

sample.jpg

Hey!

I fly FS9 since 2004...

I have never before seen this: sometimes at some unexpected place there is snow and the ground is white as if it snowed all the time.

See the screen annexed.

That example is in Ebgland somewhere, kut it happened already at several others places, even now when the weather should give sun and no snow at all.

Doen anybody know Why this happens, and gow I can avoid this phenomenon….

Greetz

Jive1

See https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?312464-Outdated-weather-loading and a zillion other threads . . .

John

S

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Hey!

The situation is different in my case....

Ik had this phenomenon since a couple of weeks. It is troigh, I had experimented with a couple of other programs for real weather, because Activesky no longer works. I thought that the ptoblem came from these experiments, so I re-installed FS9, entirely ne and clean, without any weather programs what so ever. And the same problem arised. Then I experimented a few times with the intern weather system of FS9, because he samea problem showed again.A secod time I re-installed FS9, and again the same problem. In my re-installed systems therewas not any influence from Third weather systems, so there was no qustion of outdated weather situations at all.

What else could I try to find out the origion of thhe problem?

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

I had the same snow problem at EGLC London City and EGLL Heathrow. It SEEMED to be caused by trying to overwrite a default Real World Weather .WX file with a FSrealWX .WX file. For me deleting the old .WX file first solve the problem.

John

KFRG

New York

Hey!

I will investigate that, and see what happens.

However!….

Due to this and more other pericles in FS9, I switched now to FSX, and I see the same problem in FSX at the same areas as on FS9; also EGLL and EGNM....

I'm tired to see these stupid things …

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

Hey!

I will investigate that, and see what happens.

However!….

Due to this and more other pericles in FS9, I switched now to FSX, and I see the same problem in FSX at the same areas as on FS9; also EGLL and EGNM....

I'm tired to see these stupid things …

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

That's because FSX uses the same weather as FS2004. Like I said, it is stuck in time.

The other threads I referred you to suggest software that uses alternative eather providers.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Hey!

What I don't understand….

It can't be a software question, otehrwisz… Why do I and john see that phenomenon at the same 'virtual' places? If it weren a queqtion ofsopftware, then John and I would have the same error in our both systems, and that would be very unacceptable.

Could it otherwise be that something is going wrong in the weather servers systems?... Is that possibel? If this would be the case , many more pilots would have similar problems….

I don't understand it...

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

Hey!

When I do as Mark says, no internet weather at all, and I even disconnected my computer from the router, anad restarted computer and FS9, there is no snow anymore….

Why is the all so stupid?

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

As johnhinson tried to point out, the default FS9 real time weather doesn't work anymore. The FS9 real time weather stopped updating several months ago. If you use it today, it loads weather from months ago, it does not load today's current weather. For example, if it's summer right now somewhere, it'll still be loading winter weather because it stopped updating/working when it was winter.

If you use one of the 3rd party weather programs then there should be no problems.

Mark Daniels

So....

We all may expect that somebody will develop a new general real weather program that will be compattible with FS9 and with FSX and with P3D and with any possible other FlightSimulator, and that supplies a real weather quality at least as good as Activesky. The best would be that it will be freeware....

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

So....

We all may expect that somebody will develop a new general real weather program that will be compattible with FS9 and with FSX and with P3D and with any possible other FlightSimulator, and that supplies a real weather quality at least as good as Activesky. The best would be that it will be freeware....

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

Ta da!

https://www.fsrealwx.net/

Mark Daniels

So....

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

How about?

ActiveSky

Rex

then on freeware

fsrealwx.

As ever, other options exist. Just look them up!!!

Is FSrealWX freeware?

I downloaded the program, and installed, and I have read the license texts, but I don't understand all that explanation…

I've tried to start the program, but no succes...

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

Sorry!....

I've tried also the lite version of FSrealWX, butneighter this one starts giving the weather of the airport that I'm at. It keeps telling me that it is not connected to FS, and...

I just don't know how to start the program, and there is no explanation on how teo start the program....

Neighter Suport forthe program seem to work….Greetz

Jive1

Archived