Black Widow

jankees

Things going swift with that plane. I thought to post one like my WW2 collection -- ones participated into the Battle of the Bulge in 1944 -- as I don't know whether I will have the courage to look for how they were painted then!
Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Jan, I like your solid black Black Widow much better then the colored up ones that I have. I have no experience at repainting. Is there anyway that I can learn how to repaint my Widow a solid black like yours ?

Thank you Sir.

Jim

wid 3.jpg

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

Jan, I like your solid black Black Widow much better then the colored up ones that I have. I have no experience at repainting. Is there anyway that I can learn how to repaint my Widow a solid black like yours ?

Thank you Sir.

Jim

Uh, Jim....don't you have all 3 of the original Black Widows? One of them is the one that Jan is showing. One is like the one you show and the other is a light grey.

I was thinking of this one, but I guess there is some color in it also! Jan, have you uploaded that all black paint yet???:D

widow.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I used the Moonlight Serenade paint that came with the model as a base, and made an all-black widow of it, and I reduced the shine with a lighter alpha channel, since I thought they were a bit too reflective. But the paintkit is now out, hopefully I'll have time to play with that over the next few days.

42210584840_0a9e6d0ad7_h.jpg

Slapping paint on flightsim models

you'll find all my FSX/P3D repaints here and all my MSFS repaints here.

Thanks for your comments, I appreciate them!!

Prostock, the sim is P3D v4, with ORBX the Netherlands scenery.

The paint has been uploaded on avsim and sim-outhouse.

Slapping paint on flightsim models

you'll find all my FSX/P3D repaints here and all my MSFS repaints here.

Thanks for your comments, I appreciate them!!

Prostock, the sim is P3D v4, with ORBX the Netherlands scenery.

The paint has been uploaded on avsim and sim-outhouse.

Thanks, Jan! Got it:D You are the man, the myth, and the legend!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Here we go: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=180 Scroll down a bit and you'll find this fantastic repaint.:)

Thank you my friend, I got it done and it's beautiful. However, it only shows up on my aircraft menu as a question mark ? Can I expect an image in Black Widow frame #4, or is this normal. - Jim

bw 12 .jpg

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

it only shows up on my aircraft menu as a question mark ?

Hi!

It might be a question of the thumbnail picture: in each 'texture' folder for a given plane, one should find a thumbnail.jpg file, of dimensions 256x128, as that is that pic which shows up in the FSX menu. If not, just take a screenshot of your plane, turn it with a image editor into the aforesaid specs, and put it into the relevant folder of your plane

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Archived