787 speed brake

vamac53

downloaded/

installed 787 mega pack from rikoooo. cant seem to arm speed brakes shift slash doesnt do it.

any help?

thanks

mike

Mike - Look towards the end of the aircraft.cfg file for [brakes] and make sure there is an entry for

auto_brakes=4

Rick

In the aircraft.cfg [airplane_geometry] section, make sure you have the following entries:

spoiler_limit =60

auto_spoiler_available =1

spoiler_extension_time =5

spoiler_handle_available =1

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

• 4 months later...

Hi,

had the same problem and changed the aircraft.cfg [brakes] and [airplane_geometry]as suggested and regret with no help. I think I am talking about the same B787. Cockpit picture attached. Even with the suggested changes the spoilers cannot be armed (shift/) consequently do not deploy on landing. The slash deploys them. Any other suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

B787 (4).jpg

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Hi,

had the same problem and changed the aircraft.cfg [brakes] and [airplane_geometry]as suggested and regret with no help. I think I am talking about the same B787. Cockpit picture attached. Even with the suggested changes the spoilers cannot be armed (shift/) consequently do not deploy on landing. The slash deploys them. Any other suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

Got a link to that aircraft?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Charlie, I think it's this one: https://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/783

Peter, check the Spoiler entries in the .air file, they should be:

327 Spoiler Available = True(1)

337 Spoiler Auto Deploy Available = True(1)

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

That's where I got it from, the Rikoooo version has all the VC updates and all the currently available textures included - dozens of them - I downloaded a base model from here, then the VC updates and the one texture I wanted and added them myself.

Hi Tim,

have checked the air file but all is as you specified.

Also I owe you guys an apology. Have found this post by "B787 and speed brake arm" search and did not realize it pertains to FSX. However the chap who initially posted it had the same problem with B787, so perhaps there is a similarity and I could benefit as well.

I actually have this issue with the CASIM B787 v4 and Hudetz-type Version 2.1, amazing! panel, also run FS9. The aircraft behaves amazingly well except the speed brake arming.

Cheers

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Hi Peter,

If the spoilers entries exist in the aircraft.cfg and .air files, maybe Camille's v4 model doesn't have the spoilers lever armed position animated?

I just checked my payware Aerofiles 787 and it doesn't have the spoilers lever armed position either.

Edit: I found some training info on the 787 speed brakes lever (cards 4 & 5) here: https://www.cram.com/flashcards/b787-flight-controls-8104357

The 787 speed brakes lever does have an armed position, but the speed brakes will automatically extend when reverse thrust is engaged.

From what I saw from the Rikooo download was that when you are in the 2D cockpit and click on the radio ICON this also pops up the Engine thrust lever console with the Spoiler lever. There is a detent for arm and like you mentioned, using the Shift+/ key does nothing, but if you hover your mouse pointer over the arm and let the arrow point turn into a hand and then click turning the hand into a fist, you can pull the lever into the armed position.

The keystroke for "spoilers armed" has been eliminated by the person that uploaded this package.

Hi,

have tried to move the lever a bit and no deployment on touch down. Plan to temporarily install this panel to a different aircraft (767 or so) to see if the aircraft.cfg with its air file has anything to do with it. Alternatively use a different panel with this B787 to see if panel is the issue. After Xmas though. Have all Merry and great New Year

Cheers

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

beroun, why don't you just say the filename of the aircraft you downloaded. Plus the site it came from. And if possible a link to the file.

Would make it a ton easier.

(Without knowing what plane you are trying, others testing out various random 787's will not lead to a fix.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

beroun, why don't you just say the filename of the aircraft you downloaded. Plus the site it came from. And if possible a link to the file.

Would make it a ton easier.

(Without knowing what plane you are trying, others testing out various random 787's will not lead to a fix.)

Post# 6 by Tim. He gave the link to Rikooo and the megapack.

https://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/783

No need to assume I didn't read the thread mrzippy.:) (Jolly seasonings btw:p)

I've been following it from the start.

But I don't care about what Tim or you think the file in question is.

I would like to KNOW what file Beroun is using. I'm not willing to try out a file at a guess.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Beroun,

other useful info, on top of .zip file name and link to download would be:

are you using the aircraft in FSX?

Or is this thread actually about FS9?

Are you using it with the default panel or did you add one yourself. (and which one then? again, filename.zip and download link please.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No need to assume I didn't read the thread mrzippy.:) (Jolly seasonings btw:p)

I've been following it from the start.

But I don't care about what Tim or you think the file in question is.

I would like to KNOW what file Beroun is using. I'm not willing to try out a file at a guess.

Alrighty, then.

Hi Gents,

as per my previous post have posted this in FSX by mistake, use FS9. But the B787 aircraft in question is for both FS9 and X:

Downloaded from:

http://pages.infinit.net/camsim

I used the different panel and spent some time to get the link to no avail. But the panel is defined in readme as:

……………………………………………..

Version 2.1, Hudetz-type panel sets for the TDS Series of Boeing 787 aircraft. Completely reworked, 787-correct overhead, radio stack, pedestal and MCP/AP. Mel Mutter's animated yoke, Garrett Smith's FMC (requires fmc-1.zip) with matching bitmaps, V-speeds, pushback, altitude callouts, POSKY-type autobraking, CRT popups and unique night lighting. Multiple CRT views with this panel's 24 windows.

……………………………………………...

I know this might be an odd Camsim/TDS combination but the aircraft with this panel handles amazingly well with amazing factual panel details.

Best Regards

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Hi Gents,

as per my previous post have posted this in FSX by mistake, use FS9. But the B787 aircraft in question is for both FS9 and X:

Downloaded from:

http://pages.infinit.net/camsim

I used the different panel and spent some time to get the link to no avail. But the panel is defined in readme as:

……………………………………………..

Version 2.1, Hudetz-type panel sets for the TDS Series of Boeing 787 aircraft. Completely reworked, 787-correct overhead, radio stack, pedestal and MCP/AP. Mel Mutter's animated yoke, Garrett Smith's FMC (requires fmc-1.zip) with matching bitmaps, V-speeds, pushback, altitude callouts, POSKY-type autobraking, CRT popups and unique night lighting. Multiple CRT views with this panel's 24 windows.

……………………………………………...

I know this might be an odd Camsim/TDS combination but the aircraft with this panel handles amazingly well with amazing factual panel details.

Best Regards

Peter

You are making things confusing! As per your first post....downloaded/

installed 787 mega pack from rikoooo. Which seems to be the same aircraft with the same problem!

Thanks for that info.

Haven't downloaded yet. (Still rubbing the sleep from my eyes.).

By not using the original 2d panel you may be missing a gauge that's needed for the spoiler. (as far as i saw online it does not have a vc that the gauge could be in. So if there is a spoiler gauge it would have been in the original 2d panel).

Try the plane with the original panel and see if the spoiler works then.

(PS: I'm not sure I'll download this. I don't have fs9 to test things in for you any way. Who knows. But thanks for the link plus info. That made the thread a lot more clear for me (and for others too perhaps.) )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Gents,

sorry for making things confusing. Was not my intention, just thought that the problem voiced in the first post (way down) by Vanac53 had similarity with my speed brake arming question. Also, further to my post below, I actually found out where I got the subject panel from:

fs2004_tds_B787_panel_project_v2_1.zip. (yes FS9 not X as I mentioned below)

This is just a technicality, the panel is GREAT and I am more than willing to hit 'slash' to deploy the speed brakes on landing. Was just curious what might be causing the absence of arming (all my other aircraft 40+ arm with shift and slash). But moot issue now and no need to elaborate on this further.

Thanks for all your responses.

Cheers,

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

I think I have the files you are using now. But you did not give filename.zip of aircraft, so I am still not 100 % sure.

On the site of the aircraft you linked to are several links. The 787 link on it leads to a page with several different aircraft. Some for fsx, some for FS9

this page:

http://pages.videotron.com/camsim/ags787.htm

There are loads of files on it, and not a single one that is for: "both FS9 and FSX". For each one there is a seperate FSX and FS9 download file.

Which one (file name.zip! ) did you download?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

I did this download a while ago and thought it is for both FS9+X but apologize again, it is FS9 version I got from AVSIM:

789v4ba4.zip (AVSIM search)

"have installed the different panel I mentioned below" (fs2004_tds_B787_panel_project_v2_1.zip).

To my surprise, landing at Malpensa this morning the spoilers deployed on touch down without any attempt to arm it? Perhaps coincided with the reversed thrust? I plan to use the original panel (which came with the aircraft download) to see if arming works.

Have all good weekend

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

I landed 789v4ba4.zip twice now. In FSX, so with almost zero gauges. (also no sound)

I armed the spoiler -- it deployed on touchdown

I didn't arm it next landing -- it didn't deploy.

It seems its not the plane that is the problem. Maybe the issue is something in your startup flight.

Or when you fly you arm the spoiler. Then use it to get down faster and retract it. If you do that, it will no longer be armed.

The fault either something in the startup flight, or in your test method.

I used the default panel. Not your addon one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived