Flight sim boots me off

phildent

Good evening all,

Thanks again in advance for any help.

I recently changed my hard drive for an ssd drive. Had to reload everything including Flight sim X. Runs great for 30 minutes then boots me off. I know this is an activation problem, but I have activated it and followed the following instructions from flight sim :

To determine whether the product has been activated, start Free Flight in Flight Simulator X. Click Help, and then click About. If there is no menu, press the ALT key. You should see the product ID number. If the product ID number is missing, the product has not been activated.

Well I HAVE a product ID number that shows when I do this, and I have a legal copy which I bought new some time ago and have an activation number which I have put in.

So According to the above spiel, I am activated, but still getting booted off after 30 minutes.

I suspect it is something to do with changing the hard drive, but am currently pulling my hair out ( what's left of it) .

Any suggestions are really appreciated...Thanks...Phil

As far as I know, you install the first 2 discs and activate that and then when you install the 3rd (Acceleration) disc, that also needs to be activated. If the activation window did not pop up then you might need to try this procedure:

1. run regedit (Windowskey +R)

2. Expand the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTRO L\CLASS\{4D36E967-

E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. After you find the folder, double-click Upperfilters on the right side.

4. Change the value from 0 to PartMgr and/or remove any other settings and then click OK.

5. Close Registry Editor

6. Start FSX/Accel and you should get the registration wizard.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Yes! The Acceleration disc has its' own activation code. And must be activated separately. If you still have your original jewel case you should notice two (2) separate activation codes on stickers inside the case. They are labelled as to which is which.;)

If you've never activated Acceleration before, then I don't know how you've ever used it. I'm guessing you didn't and just didn't notice.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Yes Rupert you are right...I have just opened the box again and discovered the other activation code,

I will try what Mr Zippy has suggested, if not I may just delete flight sim and re install it. Thanks for the reply. Cheers Phil

Hi All, Thanks again for taking the time to help. Well, I confess to being very digitally challenged I'm afraid.

I tried following the instructions mrzippy kindly sent me, I opened Windows+r then cut and pasted the following HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-

E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} But then I get the message " windows cannot find etc.And that's it.

I thought I would just delete the whole thing and start again, but when I go to delete FSX from ccleaner, I get the message " error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log file location exists and is writeble" It does seem that I have had an incomplete installation somewhere! But now I'm a bit stuck again...

Hi Phil,

Mr Zippys instructions are good, but I think you are misunderstanding the procedure.

Please don't uninstall FSX just yet, as this will not solve the problem that Win10 creates in the registry key for FSX & Acceleration Activation, continue with Mr Zippys advice, you will see that FSX will now behave for activation of AccPack.

What do you mean by cut and pasted........

I opened Windows+r then cut and pasted the following HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-

E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} But then I get the message " windows cannot find etc

I hope you didn't paste anything directly into the registry but only changed the UpperFilters Value in the dialog box as advised.

Mr Zippys instruction was to navigate each level of the above string till you arrive at the Key that you need to change the Value of the UpperFilters entry from 0 to PartMgr and remove any other words/numerals other than PartMgr in the dialog box where you add the value to the UpperFilters within this Key. Note that the word PartMgr is case sensitive and must be typed exactly as shown.

Here is the navigation path to the required Key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE begin here and follow the folder tree

SYSTEM navigate to here

CURRENTCONTROLSET then to here

CONTROL then to here

CLASS then to here

{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} find this exact key as shown here

When you have arrived at {4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} highlight that entry you will then be shown all values in the right panel.

Then you doubleclick on the Upperfilters entry to bring up a dialog box - (take a screenshot using "Alt+PrtScn" paste the pic in MS paint then upload to a image host, paste the link here) we can help you if you get stuck just post the pic which will show what the current UpperFilters entry actually is then we can guide you the rest of the way).

If you are feeling more confident with the instruction by all means follow on its not really that difficult a task. You'll be kicking yourself if you have already begun uninstalling/reinstalling FSX.

Once you have made the correct alteration in the dialog box click OK to save the new value, exit regedit and start your FSX sim, you should now be presented with a wizard to activate AccelerationPack, (Please have your 25 digit AccPack registration key handy and make sure you are connected to the internet) insert the key as you see it printed on the orange sticker (Case Sensitive)allow the process to complete (usually with a message of complete or congratulations or some other message), (I can't remember the last time I activated my copy, so am a bit foggy on the actual message of completion)

Congratulations you have activated AccPack for the first time, you will then be asked to accept some new controller settings for AccPack missions and new aircraft, say "Yes" to accept these changes for now, you can change them to your liking later in the FSX controller settings.

You will nolonger get booted off in 30 minute demo mode. (AccPack is now installed and activated) and you will notice the "Freeflight" panel now says "Microsoft Simulator X Acceleration Pack" at the very top, there will also be a new menu item for Missions.

Hope this makes the process clearer.

Cheers Jethro

Hi Jethro,

Thank you so much for helping me out with this.

Been through all the instructions and I have had fsx working now for 3 hours and no error messages...must be fixed!

Thanks to all who contributed, It's really good to have a forum like this which has so many helpful members.

Thanks once again to all.......Phil

You never uninstall fsx with ccleaner, and you never just delete the files. Doing something like that causes all post of problems.

Instead you in to "Add/Remove Programs" and uninstall fsx from there. Then you reboot, and uninstall from "Add/Remove Programs" again.

Just like you would when uninstalling any other program.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 8 months later...

Thank you Mr. Zippy. I probably didn't explain very well.

After following the steps in regedit, when I selected "class" the folder doesn't show anything. (see graphic) I don't know where to go from here.regedit.jpg

Dell XPS 8700 -win 10 - 16 gb DDR3 ram - NVIDIA GeForce 750 ti - Saitek X52 - FSX Deluxe w/acceleration

Thank you Mr. Zippy. I probably didn't explain very well.

After following the steps in regedit, when I selected "class" the folder doesn't show anything. (see graphic) I don't know where to go from here.[ATTACH=CONFIG]209376[/ATTACH]

You responded in the WRONG thread. you are looking for {4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.

screen.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Reg Key:
i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived