Gallery Images are blackened out on the main screen?

Mr Z, I don't want to seem a little lame, but what "little arrow" are you referring to, as what your image shows is what I am showing? Well apparently I have hidden mine somehow? How do I get back 5 images that are being shared to all of us? I want to see what is out there!

Thanks - Rick

Mr Z, I don't want to seem a little lame, but what "little arrow" are you referring to, as what your image shows is what I am showing? Well apparently I have hidden mine somehow? How do I get back 5 images that are being shared to all of us? I want to see what is out there!

Thanks - Rick

This little arrow!

That one.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Mr Z - All the images have come back, I must have hit a wrong button somewhere along the line? When you are used to seeing 5 images everytime you load flight sim, and then things go black, you know something has changed, maybe something I did? Okay, thanks for the help just the same!

Rick

LOL!! I guess that was my bad!!:p:p Those screen shots look dark because they were taken in RW time and RW weather around dusk to dark with rain in Scotland. And except for around the summer solstice, Scotland gets very dark very quickly!

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

People need to consider running their favorite Pics through Photo Shop before posting them. Great results can be had by increasing sharpness, color, and contrast.

Jim

wall 2.jpg

pa1.jpg

str9.jpg

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

RE: GB Jim suggesting I use Photoshop:

Yes,

I use Photoshop from time to time if I can't make a good enough shot without it. However, I don't post those shots as I consider that cheating. IMHO If a screen shot doesn't show how it looks out the windscreens while "flying" it is not a sim flight screen shot. Also as I said, I wasn't looking for a clear blue sky picture anyway. There are more than enough of them already out there, like those you just posted.

What I was intentionally doing was showing the atmosphere in RW weather and time of the Highlands in Scotland at dusk in the early Spring, which usually includes snow, the mist, the mist, etc. when I took them. And to make sure my depicted weather was correct, I went online and got the exact conditions from RW weather stations in the Highlands and plugged them into the sim before the "flight."

The shots I took are pretty much what one should expect to see while flying or driving in the Highlands RW this time of the year. In fact, that portrayed visibility is actually pretty good for this time of the year there! How do I know? I've been there RW and seen it!

I have also taken screen shots during the "Gloamin" around the summer solstice at 03:00 where it's much brighter than what you saw with these dusk shots. Again, I can back that assertion up with RW photos I took at aapporximately 03:00 around the summer solstice on the Muir of Ord and the Isle of Skye. I have driven around for over an hour on more than one early morning taking non-flash pictures and never needed nor turned on my car's headlights. I just ran my running lights in case someone else happened to be out and about then.

Duplicating RW weather and other RW conditions including visibility is part of what I call sim-ming a flight. As in simulating Real World conditions.

Michael

Michael - Why did last night 5 images show dark, but when you clicked on them, they appeared normally as if you weren't bad? I thought maybe my fat fingers just got carried away and hit a button they should not have hit! :cool:

Rick

Hey Rick, I haven't a clue. The way they look now is the way they looked when I posted them. I never knew they looked any different. But as I said, they weren't supposed to be the end all be all of Photo-Shopped, hand painted, glamor shots like a Playboy Bunny's. They represented what I saw through the wind-screens when I took them.;)

On a regular basis we see tons of people going to forums and asking why their screen shots, their views out the wind-screen don't look like the shots and film clips they see online. That's because those wonderful shots and clips are fake.

Michael

I hear that, Michael! Took me the longest time, getting the knack of taking the pic, not knowing how large these pics end up being, then resizing with paint to get them smaller and then converting them to JPEG. I thought I was going to have to take a MS FSX college course in how to post pics.

I do enjoy viewing all the pics that the members share with one another. It certainly makes it nice when you are trying to explain something to another member, and to be able to put your thoughts into a pic for illustration purposes!

Anyway, glad that mystery was solved! The dark pics, I really thought I hit a wrong button, and I must have driven Mr Z crazy with it. Oh well, he needs to be stirred up once in awhile!

Have a nice evening! - Rick

Archived