Old Timer Needs FS Suggestion

Murf

After entertaining myself with FS on a limited basis for many years and the past few years FSX I am now at the age of 73 looking to upgrade to a different platform such as:

FSX STEAM

XPLANE 11

Prepar3D Lockheed Martin V4.2

Or ????

I am seeking a stable sim that would function with my computers capabilities which are:

AMD QUAD CORE PROCESSOR

ASUS MOTHERBOARD

8 GB DDR4 RAM

1 TB 7200 RPM HARD DRIVE

DVD-RW DRIVE

CARD READER

WINDOWS 10

1-2 GB VIDEO CARD FOR FSX

With these specs what would you suggest would fit my needs of a stable sim that does not need constant fine tuning?

My flight are normally an hour or less using major US cities and the Hawaiian islands etc.

Thanks for your time and input it is welcomed and truly appreciated!!

Murf Denny

Thanks Mr. Zippy!!! I am hoping this is the information you need. It was on the box of the ASUS PRIME A320M-K box . . . ASUS Prime A320M-K AMD Ryzen AM4 DDR4 HDMI VGA M.2 USB 3.1 Micro-ATX A320 Motherboard Powered by AMD® Ryzen™ AM4 and 7th generation Athlon™ processors to maximize connectivity and speed with NVMe M.2, support for 32GB of DDR4, USB 3.1 and Gigabit LAN. I could not find information on the Speed. I truly appreciate your time and troubles. Murf Denny

... yep, and what brand of GDU ? What kind of flying ? (low altitude GA or Airliners)

What are you looking to improve by changing of platform ?

I'd say that with a 2g GDU, one hard-drive to swap everything(Win 10, FS, etc..) and

AMD processor, it's fairly above minimum... If you fly low and want to improve the ground

details, I suggest to get add-on like ORBX FTX Global.

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

Well, the only real improvement in that list, IMHO, is going from FSX to P3Dv4.2 . All the other choices are pretty much "horizontal" moves.

Additionally, again, IMHO, the biggest improvement between FSX and P3D is the Graphix. P3D, from what I've heard has overall better graphix. Is the $75,00 a year for prettier pictures worth it to you? If so, great. Go for it.

I've got Steam, and it does seem more stable, from what I've read in these forums, that FSX Boxed. I never owned FSX Boxed. I DO have FS9, and the main reason I stay pretty much with FSX:SE is for the features FS9 doesn't have. I LOVE flying onto carriers, and the moving, landable, carriers FSX has are the deciding factor for me. It also seems to have more commands, or systems commands, that can be used than FS9 did. I like to work with "stuff" like that, so for me, fsx:SE is more enjoyable.

These are, just to be sure you understand, my OPINIONS, and we all know the old sayings abot those :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Well, the only real improvement in that list, IMHO, is going from FSX to P3Dv4.2 . All the other choices are pretty much "horizontal" moves.

Additionally, again, IMHO, the biggest improvement between FSX and P3D is the Graphix. P3D, from what I've heard has overall better graphix. Is the $75,00 a year for prettier pictures worth it to you? If so, great. Go for it.

I've got Steam, and it does seem more stable, from what I've read in these forums, that FSX Boxed. I never owned FSX Boxed. I DO have FS9, and the main reason I stay pretty much with FSX:SE is for the features FS9 doesn't have. I LOVE flying onto carriers, and the moving, landable, carriers FSX has are the deciding factor for me. It also seems to have more commands, or systems commands, that can be used than FS9 did. I like to work with "stuff" like that, so for me, fsx:SE is more enjoyable.

These are, just to be sure you understand, my OPINIONS, and we all know the old sayings abot those :D

Pat☺

FS9 HAS carriers, both moving & 'driveable' & landable.

It also has oval & circular runways, as well as ramps.

It also runs on 'normal' PC's & laptops, without tweaks

FS9, with FSUIPC, has a huge list of additional key commands.

So, dont give up on us, as yet.

What's the speed of that ryzen? Given in ghz. (gigaherz).

If the pc is within the requirements of X-plane, try that. It's a real change from FS. It comes with great scenery already installed. (Worldwide Scenery that is still a payware addon for fsx.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Top Gun and everyone else for the help!!!

Here is all that I could find and hopefully helpful -

Powered by AMD® Ryzen™ AM4 processors, the ASUS Prime A320M-K packs performance and reliability into a microATX form-factor. Access next-generation connectivity and speeds with NVMe M.2, USB 3.1, Gigabit LAN and support for 32GB DDR4. 5X Protection III ensures component longevity and reliability while SafeSlot Core adds PCIe slot protection.