ILS approach problem

Ranger SVO

I have a weird problem. When landing with ILS mode, the plane is on the far left of the run way. I know this used to work right, I think.

http://i64.tinypic.com/2uy13qu.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/24c9mpl.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/qphrav.jpg

So whats going on? I'm going to try a different aircraft at this same airport later

As far as I know the ILS approach is not for actual touch down. What I usually do is hit the Z key to disable the autopilot, and also disable the auto speed at about 100 feet.

Ray

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

Blade? Alien? What aircraft is that? Or should I ask what PLANET?
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Blade? Alien? What aircraft is that? Or should I ask what PLANET?

http://i65.tinypic.com/qxjb5w.jpg

It's a lot of fun, it is the Tesla of Aircraft, battery powered flight

Blade

But I think I see the issue in the picture, CRS should be 354 not 355. I'll do a test flight tomorrow.

As far as I know the ILS approach is not for actual touch down. What I usually do is hit the Z key to disable the autopilot, and also disable the auto speed at about 100 feet.

So how do you think planes with autoland manage to land safely?

Agreed it's more challenging to disconnect the autopilot and land manually, but the auto system certainly works perfectly if left engaged.

Well, it does on my system...

So how do you think planes with autoland manage to land safely?

Agreed it's more challenging to disconnect the autopilot and land manually, but the auto system certainly works perfectly if left engaged.

Well, it does on my system...

And it has on mine for years, but recently its not working right. I'll do another flight later, I just looked up the ILS approach procedures for KABI and it says the runway heading is 355. My settings are right. Not sure whats going on

Does it only do this at this one airport? Could it be that the localizer is off-set from the runway? Have you tried it at another airport to see it does this there as well?

Some airports, the localizer is offset to the side of the runway, some by a large amount, some not as much. Not all airports will guide the plane to touchdown for you. You may actually need to handfly it a little ways to guide it the correct touchdown point.

Technology is handy, but NOT infallible. To an even greater extent that humans...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

I made a .blg update for all northamerican airports back 2 months ago and noticed this issue for one of the many ils i use. I dont really mind, i also disengage autopilot and manually aligne the aircraft to the runway using glideslope and displayed alignement.

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
What airport is it you are trying an ILS approach on? Could you give me the ICAO code of that airport? I'd like to check that out. It's probably a problem with the airport design. I have seen (and fixed) a number of them. As has been pointed out some Localizers are set up that way to avoid a collision with terrain or man-made objects. The problem with most of the ones I've encountered in MSFS that those reasons don't exist in FS regardless of the Scenery Complexity settings.

Thank you,

Tim

ASUS GL 12CX; Intel i7 9700K 3.6 GHz; 16 GB GDDR8 Memory; System BUS 2660 MHz; 8 MB L3 cache;

NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6; Windows 10 Home x64

What airport is it you are trying an ILS approach on? Could you give me the ICAO code of that airport? I'd like to check that out. It's probably a problem with the airport design. I have seen (and fixed) a number of them. As has been pointed out some Localizers are set up that way to avoid a collision with terrain or man-made objects. The problem with most of the ones I've encountered in MSFS that those reasons don't exist in FS regardless of the Scenery Complexity settings.

+1!! I've seen several ILS errors as well. Where are you? ICAO code?

Rupert

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived