Autopilot FS2004 issues

Philothing

Hello, this is my first posting on this forum, but this is an issue that I've had with FS2004 since forever.

I like to fly point to point - form airport to airport - on jetliners, nostly, and I use the autopilot to control the plane as I go.

I know that FS isn't exactly like a real aircraft, but when i disconnect the autopilot, the plane rears up. By the time I've got the thing under control, I've missed the ILS or whatever. It's maddening. Autopilot doesn't react like this in a real aircraft. I've asked a friend of mine who used to run a flight school. Is there someone who knows more about FS2004 than I do, who can help.

i'd be most grateful.

Philothing

Autopilot doesn't react like this in a real aircraft. I've asked a friend of mine who used to run a flight school. Is there someone who knows more about FS2004 than I do, who can help.

You are absolutely right - if you disconnect the autopilot the aircraft should continue at the same altitude and direction. And that is what I find happens in FS2004.

So the two possibilities I can think of to investigate are:

1. Is this happening with a specific aircraft, in which case it may be configured wrongly, or

2. If it happens with all aircraft, something may be interefering, such as joystick or yoke configuration.

Tell us more,

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Philothing,

I normally use a joystick for all serious simming. However, I sometimes just mess around and fly using the keyboard plus the AP. That's when I experience exactly what you described. When the AP is disconnected, the nose pops up and the approach is a disaster. For some reason, the elevator trim setting must revert back to before the AP was activated. Just a guess.

If you are not using the keyboard, then one of the earlier suggestions should give you a solution.

Regards,

JerryH

Archived