Landing problems with fs4.

Stevepariser

It seems very difficult to hold the final approach with the joy stick upon landing. The aircraft seems to drift from side to side and difficult to control. All other aspects of the flight seem fine. The landings with the autopilot ILS engage seem to work. However manual control with the joystick even with minor corrections do not seem to stop the drifting.

It seems very difficult to hold the final approach with the joy stick upon landing. The aircraft seems to drift from side to side and difficult to control. All other aspects of the flight seem fine. The landings with the autopilot ILS engage seem to work. However manual control with the joystick even with minor corrections do not seem to stop the drifting.

The first thing I would do is try landings with all weather settings off. The circumstances you describe sound to me like ILS landings with a strong crosswind, it is normal to be blown off course as soon as the ILS is disengaged.

Then you need to master control of the aircraft and how much input you use on the joystick. Remember that the larger the aircraft, the longer it will take to respond to your actions, so if you turn it will take a while to actually do so and when you straighten again it will take a while to do that too. So you might feel more comfortable starting with a smaller aircraft.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Remember that the larger the aircraft, the longer it will take to respond to your actions,

Well, that explains why the fatter I get, the slower I get!

:rolleyes: :p :D

Have fun all!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived