If I won the lotto...

If I won the lotto I would fund the development of a full fledged "as real as it gets" simulator. I would focus on four primary aspects, and they are:

1) ATC realism.

2) Visuals.

3) Aircraft realism.

4) Weather

The craptacular ATC in FSX and FS2004 has always been a huge pet peeve of mine. First, there is no facility to fly SID and STARS. ATC have you fly onto the runway when AI are taking off, there's no holding pattern for you or AI, your aircraft will often compete with others. A new simulator would fix all this without the usage of third party software that only half works or doesn't work at all. I would have the ability to file your flight plan with SID and STARS, I would have holding patterns and I would have at least 50 different voice sets that are regional based for variety. So if you are flying into Heathrow you will hear British accents. You fly into India, you hear Indian accents, you fly into Russia, Norway, etc, ALL will have a variety of voice sets that match that region and there will be such a variety of nice clear, crisp voices that you won't hear the same voice again for a long time as you are handed off.

Visuals has always been a very big factor for me as well. When I fly I want to see that McDonalds down there where it's at in real life, I want to see ALL skyscrpers, I want to see buildings, buildings buildings and I want it all to match real life counter parts. As it stands now, you fly into an airport and what do you get? Mundane crap. It's just all too plain. Being able to fly somewhere I want the gamer to see new sites. And maybe sounds as well.

Aircraft realism is a big one. I love a plane with all the knobs and switches and I want it to operate as close if not the same as the real-life counterpart. That's why I really like PMDG. They seemed to have mastered this. I also want a good looking aircraft from inside and out. Then there's the flight dynamics. I want that plane to fly just like the real thing.

Weather. That's a big one. There are two very good weather engines for FSX and FS2004, but I want really great weather right out of the box. Why have to buy an addon? Have you ever seen a video on YouTube from the cockpit and was just awe struck by the CAT III landing or all that fog that hovers over some mountainous Norwegian town as the plane comes in for a landing? I want that. I want it to be as real as it gets That goes for turbulence. If there's light chop going over the Rockie Mountains in real life, then I want my Sim to have that light chop as well in real time.

I would invest at least a million dollars or more if necessary for the production of such a Sim. I would seek the input of scenery designers and aircraft modelers alike to create this Sim. I would hire some of the best coders in the gaming market. I mean, we have first person shooters and everything else with really great visuals, etc, why not a Sim? I would definitely make this Sim use the full power of a multicore processor and video card.

I realize everything I speak of has addons to do all these things already, but what I talk about, especially ATC needs vast improvement. I've already tried these addons and they all need work. They are not perfect. No addon can vector you into a holding pattern, or make sure you don't land on a runway with a plane lined up already. Perhaps it could be made, but the Sim can do a better job out of the box. The ability to declare an emergency would come out of the box as well.

I would add to my little flight Sim venture the ability to buy addons and planes. By default this simulator would come with 4 planes and two helicopters. The Cessna 172, the Cessna Caravan amphibian, the bombardier challenger, the 737-800, a Bell helicopter and a Euro helicopter. One plane I would offer as payware would be a V-22 Osprey. And yes, that means planes like the F-35 and Harrier all have VTOL capability built into the Sim.

I would sell airports as well. Not that the Sim doesn't have great airports already. My Sim will have most if not all major airports fully designed already. Like KLAX, KLAS, KSLC, KDEN, EGLL, etc, etc. But I would have the others and smaller airports all well designed and offered for sale as well. Even Area-51. And Area 51 won't look cartoony. It will look real and have real life buildings. And when the DOD adds more buildings I'll offer updates.

This is just a small idea of what I have in mind if I won the lotto. LOL! I do play the same set of three tickets of the same numbers all the time. One day my ship, er, plane will come in. :pilot::cool::D

One can only dream...

Some idea of the potential market must exist for a new flight simulator program such as the one you propose. To get a return on investment the selling price would have to cover the development costs, expenses, and profit. I'm thinking that the most that could be charged for the program out of the box is $500 or not enough users could afford it. But let's say you downloaded the program as an annual subscription--what then? Would there be enough subscribers at $50/year? $100? How much would you be willing to pay for a subscription for Amarmlhas' Flight Sim? How about a 5 year subscription with automatic payments? If we're dreaming then how about a deep pockets company creating the program, manufacturing all the flight controls to perfectly match their programming, create add-ons, and to have a "Geek Squad" option available to remote help anytime you needed it? All inclusive, all guaranteed. Now, there is a dream for ya.
i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

Some idea of the potential market must exist for a new flight simulator program such as the one you propose. To get a return on investment the selling price would have to cover the development costs, expenses, and profit. I'm thinking that the most that could be charged for the program out of the box is $500 or not enough users could afford it. But let's say you downloaded the program as an annual subscription--what then? Would there be enough subscribers at $50/year? $100? How much would you be willing to pay for a subscription for Amarmlhas' Flight Sim? How about a 5 year subscription with automatic payments? If we're dreaming then how about a deep pockets company creating the program, manufacturing all the flight controls to perfectly match their programming, create add-ons, and to have a "Geek Squad" option available to remote help anytime you needed it? All inclusive, all guaranteed. Now, there is a dream for ya.

I wouldn't want my Sim to cost that much, I would want all to enjoy it. Since I would be pretty much donating my time and money in such an endeavor it's a project I want to not really focus on profits. But I think I can help gain a return by offering the sale of addons like I mentioned. Both planes, helicopters, scenery and airports.

I've always been of the philosophy that if you make it a cheap price, you'll sell more of your product. I don't believe in the idea of raising prices when you have high demand. That's why things are so damn expensive. Like fuel for example. When demand peaks the price goes up. That ain't right. And it makes everything go through the roof. Food, cost of living, products you buy. You name it.

I have a restaurant idea too. It's a fast food idea. I'd like to create that out of pocket if I won the lotto. No middle man dirty rotten banker needed. LOL!

If I won the lotto? I'd stick to FSX. HOWEVER----a dream of mine is to have a full home cockpit, say a 737 one. For that, I'd need a separate room, so a new house with the accommodations would be on my "shopping list". Then, I'd scout the internet and find a built and ready home cockpit. (I couldn't build one myself; I'm not that mechanically inclined)
CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Similar thoughts have flown about my mind too.

Additionally; I would have a mechanism that would allow any and all FS9 and FSX Aircraft, scenery, etc to be ported over.

Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz LGA 1150 PNY GeForce GTX 780 3072MB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video

Gigabit Z97 Gaming 3 LGA 1150 ATX Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR3-1600

SanDisk 128GB SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Solid State

If I won the lotto? I'd stick to FSX. HOWEVER----a dream of mine is to have a full home cockpit, say a 737 one. For that, I'd need a separate room, so a new house with the accommodations would be on my "shopping list". Then, I'd scout the internet and find a built and ready home cockpit. (I couldn't build one myself; I'm not that mechanically inclined)

I've had a few of those 737 cockpits in my eBay watch list. One was goning for the low, low rate of about 55 thousand. Not too bad I guess. LOL

I'd buy a long lines bunker or decommissioned missile silo though. That would be my home and that's where she'd be; the cockpit.

Similar thoughts have flown about my mind too.

Additionally; I would have a mechanism that would allow any and all FS9 and FSX Aircraft, scenery, etc to be ported over.

I don't think I'd have the ability to port any M$ A/C over to my Sim. The whole environment would be different and the A/C that are built are meant to be a LOT more realistic than M$ crap. Therefore a whole knew modeling and gauge system would be devised. So it would be impossible to port over FS9 and FSX A/C. Besides, right now I can fly some, not all FS9 A/C in FSX already. Like my Alphasim F-22 for FS9 flys in FSX. Although, my precious RealityXP gauges I had don't work in FS9, and I had the TAWS gauge in the F-22 cockpit. I was able to fly super fast at near ground level between the mountains near Area-51 that I made in FS9 in that thing. Loved that gauge. I wish RealityXP made that gauge for FSX. I don't know why they don't. It's a fantastic gauge and I also installed it into my PMDG Beechcraft 1900D

For those whose budget won't allow spending the amounts suggested earlier I have a different plan: the Super Amazon All Inclusive Flight Simulator would work this way: you give Amazon your credit card and then fly your sims to your heart's content and pay only a penny per minute.
i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

How much would you be willing to pay for a subscription for Amarmlhas' Flight Sim?

Jim,

I am flattered, but why would u name it after me!? It is CRJ-Simpilot's hard earned cash! [emoji4]

Ammar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those whose budget won't allow spending the amounts suggested earlier I have a different plan: the Super Amazon All Inclusive Flight Simulator would work this way: you give Amazon your credit card and then fly your sims to your heart's content and pay only a penny per minute.

No way. The Sim I would have made wouldn't break the bank from the begin with. I wouldn't want a middle man. Forgetaboutit.

If I won the Lotto, you'd never hear from me again. Real plane, real destinations, no time or inclination for simming. Sorry, but it's a poor substitute for real flying.

I'd also buy a luxury yacht and a seaplane so I could live outside 12 mile limits and never pay tax ever again. Not a huge yacht, mind. Only a 60-80 metre yacht that has space for me, my family and friends on a continuous holiday cycle using small jet charters to deliver to nearby seaplane bases for transit.

And it wouldn't be one of those poofy super yachts. Mine would be an Expedition yacht for going places. And the places I would go!

Don't need to win the lotto to do that. But the current FAR, as it stands now precludes me from flying. So a Sim is all I got and as close to flying as I can. I don't even think I could fly a crop duster.

Well, no regulation stands in your way of flying with an instructor in the righthand seat. A friend of mine, who has braindamage after a car accident and isn't able to do his theoretical exams, has been solo-ing for years without a license. It has its limitations and downsides compared to actually being licensed because you can't fly as far and always need an instructor to sign for it, but flying is flying.

Grtz., Hans

If I won the lotto I would fund the development of a full fledged "as real as it gets" simulator. I would focus on four primary aspects, and they are:

1) ATC realism.

2) Visuals.

3) Aircraft realism.

4) Weather

I would invest at least a million dollars or more if necessary for the production of such a Sim. I would seek the input of scenery designers and aircraft modelers alike to create this Sim. I would hire some of the best coders in the gaming market. I mean, we have first person shooters and everything else with really great visuals, etc, why not a Sim? I would definitely make this Sim use the full power of a multicore processor and video card.

This is just a small idea of what I have in mind if I won the lotto. LOL! I do play the same set of three tickets of the same numbers all the time. One day my ship, er, plane will come in. :pilot::cool::D

One can only dream...

Yes, one can always dream. Dream of winning something in the order of $50+ million to start a new sim from scratch with all the bells and whistles. GTA V, for example, cost something like $137 million to develop (with marketing costs on top of that).

Sounds like I would need to form a LLC or INC and get some investors, and come up with good ideas for a return profit. Like I did mention, I would sell addon aircraft, scenery and airports.

This really is all just a pipe dream. But If I had won the lotto and had the start up capital I'd do it. Simming is all I got.

With my latest thread about VTOL commercial aircraft I would create a product line in addition to the other aircraft you could buy called, "the future hanger." Where you could purchase concept aircraft and aircraft being used by companies trying to market space travel.

• 3 years later...

On August 18th (two days from now) when the new Simulator is released this topic will be 1,169 days old and perhaps, just perhaps it will meet my initial criteria I had in mind when I started this topic all that time ago.

I for one had no idea Microsoft would bring this hobby of ours into the future with the current technology we have today and allowing it to utilize all that technology.

You do realize that the new msfs which comes out tomorrow has a lot of what you are asking...right?

EDit - Oh okay, didn't realize this thread had started a few years back.

Edited by andyjohnston

Spent way too much time using these sims...

FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

EDit - Oh okay, didn't realize this thread had started a few years back.

Yeah, I bumped my topic ("thread") and opened my post with the following first sentence:

"On August 18th (two days from now) when the new Simulator is released this topic will be 1,169 days old and perhaps, just perhaps it will meet my initial criteria I had in mind when I started this topic all that time ago. "