Ever hear someone talking behind the ATC voice calls?

asos

In some addon sceneries--not in all--I hear the ATC speak but in the background I can also hear a man talking, though I cannot make out what he is saying.

Sounds like English but I am not sure...

Have you ever encountered this?

Yes. It is a fairly short sound cycle and therefore doesn't make a lot of sense. It is supposed to emulate the sound of a crowded ATC room.

Given that all accents are Amercian English, it is presumably likewise.

The best way to listen to it is if you have Editvoicepack installed and use it to reduce the frequency of calls to leave the runway after touchdown. This is achieved by replacing a proportion of those calls with silence. Hence the background chatter can be heard with nothing over it.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

I often hear voices…well, only when I go off my meds…;)

Seriously, as stated below, the "clean" default ATC will tell you to take the next taxiway when you land (at least it used to). I'm not sure if it is dependent on the number of taxiways linked to the runway, but you could hear it a couple of times on a roll out. Annoying? You bet. You want to yell "Yes I head you the first time!" and it is not realistic.

I noticed that when I went to EditVoicePack that I started "hearing voices". As you are all aware, EditVoicePack is much more realistic and up to date - i.e. "Position and Hold" is now "Line up and Wait" I think what is happening is that they can't really delete an FSX ATC call, just change it. So to get rid of the annoying and unrealistic "Exit next taxiway" (or whatever it said) they replaced it with some low volume "ATC tower background"

Either that or they are playing the Beatles White Album backwards. ;) (You've got to be at least my age–early old codger to get that one.)

R/ Hangar 32

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I noticed that when I went to EditVoicePack that I started "hearing voices". As you are all aware, EditVoicePack is much more realistic and up to date - i.e. "Position and Hold" is now "Line up and Wait" I think what is happening is that they can't really delete an FSX ATC call, just change it. So to get rid of the annoying and unrealistic "Exit next taxiway" (or whatever it said) they replaced it with some low volume "ATC tower background"

I don't think Editvoicepack adds any new sounds to FS2004, it only edits existing ones.

You hear Microsoft's FS2004 background sound better in that particular circumstance because the sound that normally plays over it in FS2004 has been silenced.

I can't speak for FSX; this is not an FSX forum.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

You hear Microsoft's FS2004 background sound better in that particular circumstance because the sound that normally plays over it in FS2004 has been silenced.

Yes, that is basically what I was saying. MSFS provides the "library" of sounds as it were. And as you said, the voice part has been silenced - the background remains. However, they could probably have silenced the whole thing.

I should have made it clear that I first noticed this in FS2004. :)

R/ Hangar 32

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived