TDS B737-800 Base Package

johankotze

I download the base package and place the folder TDS B737-700 folder into your Flight Simulator X/SimObjects/Aircraft folder and Place TDSB3_wing_light.fx and tdsnose_gearwell.fx from the included effects folder, into your Flight Simulator X/Effects folder

But when I go to FSX and look under TDS inmy aircraft library there no aircraft.

I download the base package and place the folder TDS B737-700 folder into your Flight Simulator X/SimObjects/Aircraft folder and Place TDSB3_wing_light.fx and tdsnose_gearwell.fx from the included effects folder, into your Flight Simulator X/Effects folder

But when I go to FSX and look under TDS inmy aircraft library there no aircraft.

That'll be just the start of your headaches with TDS.

However, first ensure all variations of aircraft is checked.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Variations are checked. Kingnorris why will TDS give me headaches

My personal experience. No exterior lights, FS9 2D panel only, bad flight dynamics, etc. I had two TDS 737's and they're now residing comfortably in my recycle bin...

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

The problem lies with the panel, as it is an FS9 native model it is using the FS9 737-400 panel. To get it working in FSX you will need to use the FSX default B738 panel, you will have to do a bit of copy & pasting to get it working correctly, here's what you need to do:

1>Rename the panel foider in the TDS B738 aircraft folder to panel fs9

2>Copy the panel folder from the FSX default B738 into the TDS 738 aircraft folder

3>Copy the Tds737ADVCONTROL & Tds_util folders from the "old" panel fs9 folder into the panel folder (copied from the default B738)

4>Copy & paste the following into the panel.cfg (the one from the default B738)

At the top of the panel.cfg there is a section titled [Window Titles] copy & paste the following below the last entry:

Window10=Posky_Debug

Window11=Utility

Scroll down until you find the last [Windowxx] entry which should be [Window09] just above [VCockpit01], you can delete the [VCockpit01] data entries as you wont be needing this & copy the folowing below the [Window09] data:

[Window10]

VISIBLE=0

position=2

size_mm=450,200

child_3d=0

background_color=0,0,0

ident=TDSDEBUG

gauge00=Tds737ADVCONTROL!Tdsdebug, 0, 0

gauge01=Tds737ADVCONTROL!Tdsdebug2, 0, 50

gauge02=Tds737ADVCONTROL!Tdsdebug3, 0, 100

[Window11]

VISIBLE=0

position=2

size_mm=298,104

child_3d=0

background_color=0,0,0

ident=Utility

gauge00=Tds_util!Tds_Init, 0, 0

gauge01=Tds_util!Tds_Timer, 0, 0

gauge02=Tds_util!Tds_Util, 0, 0

[VCockpit01]

size_mm=512,512

pixel_size=512,512

texture=$Posky_ACU

background_color=0,0,0

gauge00=Tds737ADVCONTROL!Tds_AdvInit, 140,80,140,80

gauge01=Tds737ADVCONTROL!TdsAUX, 140,80,140,80

gauge02=Tds737ADVCONTROL!TdsRudder_Elev, 140,80,140,80

gauge03=Tds737ADVCONTROL!TdsEngRev, 140,80,140,80

gauge04=Tds737ADVCONTROL!TdsWingflex, 140,80,140,80

gauge05=Tds737ADVCONTROL!TdsNosegearsteerling, 140,80,140,80

gauge06=Tds737ADVCONTROL!Tds_Spoiler, 140,80,140,80

gauge07=Tds737ADVCONTROL!Tdsflasher, 140,80,140,80

gauge08=Tds737ADVCONTROL!TdsSEA, 140,80,140,80

gauge09=Tds737ADVCONTROL!Tdsgearheight, 140,80,140,80

[VCockpit02]

size_mm=512,512

pixel_size=512,512

texture=$EXTANIMBASE

background_color=0,0,0

gauge00=EXT_TEXTURE_ANIM!EXTTEST, 0, 0, 512, 512

You may have to do this outside of FSX as your OS UAC my prevent you from saving the changes made.

Thank you guys then I will rather look for payware 737-800 where all panels are functional as in real 737-800 and leave TDS alone. Any suggestions

I mean fully functional 2d panel as I use multiple monitors.

I also tried PaulCraig advise to see if it will work but I can't see the TDS plane in my hanger. I filter to TDS but no plane there either

Thank you guys then I will rather look for payware 737-800 where all panels are functional as in real 737-800 and leave TDS alone. Any suggestions

I mean fully functional 2d panel as I use multiple monitors.

I also tried PaulCraig advise to see if it will work but I can't see the TDS plane in my hanger. I filter to TDS but no plane there either

Two come to mind, but they're pricey, and require ALOT of reading and how-to video watching. They're NOT "ctrl+E to start engines" planes:

PMDG 737 ngx

Ifly 737 ngx

Johan, if you want people to be able to help with something, you have to add the name of the .zip file that you down;loaded to get that thing.

For example you talk about the PSPanels" - I have no idea what that is.

Just give a link to where you found it. And the filename you downloaded there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Johan,

For example you talk about the PSPanels" - I have no idea what that is.

Just give a link to where you found it. And the filename you downloaded there.

I think those panels are payware. Might be tricky trying to give advise, especially since he says he can't see a .cab file for that download!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Sorry for not be more clearer. English is not my first language so here it goes.

I install Posky Boeing 737-800 Jet2.com from Rikoooo's web site at link http://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/55/745. After installer finished with the installation I went to airplanes in FSX/Simobjects and open Posky Boeing 737-800 Jet2.com just to see if all files are there. Under Posky Boeing 737-800 Jet2.com I saw a text file named Install.txt and Posky 737-800.txt - Please see attachments and quotes

Project Opensky Boeing 737-800 Jet2.com

for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 ACOF

Author: Mathieu Vos

e-mail repainter: Mathieu.Vos@upcmail.nl

Site : http://members.chello.nl/j.mast50/

-------------

Background

-------------

This is the Boeing 737-800 of Jet2.com.

-------------------------

Other Enhancements:

-------------------------

I suggest that if you want an "as real as it gets" experience in your 737NG, download and install the following:

------

Panel:

------

Undoubtedly the most outstanding, detailed and realistic Boeing 737NG freeware panel available is by Paul Scarratt. This was formerly a payware panel under the company name PS Panels. Very nice whether you paid for it, or you get it free. To get it, use the following link at AVSIM.COM:

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004pan&DLID=106129

or look for the filename 'setup.exe' on AVSIM.

-------

Sounds:

-------

There are a few out there, but I've enjoyed Des Braban's 737NG sounds for some time. To get this sound package, download the following files at AVSIM.COM: - 737pkg.zip

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=130945

--------

Credits:

--------

- First and foremost, Project Opensky and its talented people for the B737-800W model and paint kit,

- Martin Wright for the indispensable DXTBMP utility program,

- All the countless other people like you who make this hobby one of the most enjoyable I know!

Copyrights:

This aircraft is made by Project OpenSky

Tested : Project-Opensky Members

Painted : Mathiëu Vos

Site : http://members.chello.nl/j.mast50/

************************************************************************ *******

Features ( in depth ):

Fully animated control surfaces

Fully independent suspension

Front gear steering

Trim Animation

Opening Passenger Doors

Dynamic flexing wings

Animated tilting bogies

Rolling wheels

Animated thrust reversers

Fully reflective textures ( each part has different degree of reflection based on material )

Accurate flight dynamics ( accurate FDE with full profiles for wheels, tires, struts, leading/trialing struts, engine types ... Tested by real pilots.)

Accurate spoiler animation

Detailed textures

Full night lighting

Visible landing lights from the thingypit

Reflective thingypit windows

Crash affects

Transparent Nav light lenses

************************************************************************ *******

For contact and information visit our webpage:-

http://www.projectopensky.com

Install:

Just unzip the file and send the Texture folder to the Project Opensky Boeing 737-800 folder. and past the text in the aircraft.cfg

Operation:

Opening Passenger door: Shift + E ( Opening door )

********** COPYRIGHT AND DISTRIBUTION **********

This aircraft is released as FREEWARE.

Copyright © Project OpenSky . All rights reserved.

**** MODELS or FDE's CANNOT BE MODIFIED, RECOMPILED or REDISTRIBUTED ****

-For painters please see our webpage we are open for paintings.

-However our official reapaints are not copyright free you need to ask permission

of the repainter if any of our repaint work is used.

-For any other changes you must ask permission to the Author.

-No charge may be made for this package

-This Aircraft may not be bundled with any other package ( freeware or payware )

-The use of this aircraft is at your own risk, the author cannot be held responsable.

17/01/2006

Project Open Sky

So I download both links provided in Install.txt

So I install PSPanels via provided installer and point to FSX directory. But have difficulty implement it.

Install.txt

Posky 737-800.txt

I'm not sure I would trust downloading from one of those wonky sites in the first place. I think the aircraft in question is this in the FlightSim library...

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=search&fname=jet2_comb737-800w.zip

It IS a POSKY model which I don't think will work with the TDS models.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

If I were you, I would forget the POSKY aircraft for FSX, they were made for FS9.

Get the TDS 737-800 base pack, IMPORTANT> Get the FSX Model updates from TDS on Facebook, this will make the lights work.

If you want a 737 Jet2.com livery (FS9 and FSX are interchangeable) ...

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=tds+737+jet2&CatID=root&Go=Search

THEN learn how to use the default 737 VC with the TDS and you will be set.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

No, that's a 700. The Jet2.com livery I posted needs the 800 standard NOT MAX 8 either.

Here is the TDS 737-800 for FS9 (will work in FSX also). Just go to TDS Facebook and get the FSX Model update.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=search&fname=tds_b737-800_base_package.zip

To be able to download TDS model updates, you need a Facebook account but don't need to join TDS

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TDS.SkySpirit.B737NG/files/

Also in the Aircraft.cfg, you MUST update which model to use or the plane won't even show in your FSX selection...

model=?

Archived