Progressive Taxi Stopped Progressing...

Minas Man

:( Ahh, Well...Leave it to FSX to start my ulcer up. I flew from St. Louis, MO (after the debates, of course). A "perfect" flight. Followed the flight plan. Obeyed all ATC instructions. Shoot a decent approach to Denver's Rwy 35R. Landed (well, ok). Exited on the left side. Requested taxi instructions to parking. Was given the instructions from Denver Ground. Turned on the progressive taxi function. Having fun. Then suddenly, the progressive taxi turned off. I turned it back on. The menu said it was on, but...no yellow line to follow. I zoomed way out to high above the airport. No yellow line in sight. I was lost!:( Lost....at one of the largest airports in the U.S. :( So, I did what any enterprising virtual pilot would do...I cheated!!:cool:

Hit the "Go To" function, and deposited my Lear in the GA parking lot (#5). I'd planned to make a video of this flight. Glad I changed my mind.

This isn't the first time Progressive Taxi did a vanishing act. I didn't appreciate it :mad:

Anybody got any ideas :confused:

I have had that problem a time or two also. What I found was if you go to the outside view (F11), and pan around, you might see the yellow arrows. May not work every time, but it has a few times for me.

Running FSX-SE on   Intel core i7-12700kf,  DDR4 16G,  Nvidia Geforce RTX3070 8gb6, 1tbm.2 pcie ssd,  on windows 11.

Oh well...Guess I'll just learn to live with it...:rolleyes:

This has happened to me also and it is frustrating. The outside view brings it back in part if I move around the aircraft with different views. As has been said by others, there seems to be a scenery/mesh conflict going on. I personally use the progressive taxi yellow more as a standby option just in case I screw up following the airport charts......and cause mayhem with ATC LOL

As well as mesh problems it can also be caused by something as simple as a disconnected taxy link. If the author of the scenery has placed a taxiway close to but not connected to another taxi link it will cause problems even if the 'texture' looks connected. Sometimes, if you continue to travel in the last direction indicated, you will suddenly pickup the arrows again. It can also happen sometimes if a link is properly connected but part of the taxiway has been set as closed or vehicle and there is no other physical way to get to the parking area. In both cases AI traffic will taxy as far as it can and then time out.

Regards

Brian

As a backup, you could write down the ATC ground control instructions and follow all the little yellow signs around until you get to your parking space:p

screenshot2-02.jpg

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Archived