Where can I get a de Havilland DHC - 6 Twin Otter With Amphibious Floats?

jring2

Where can I get a de Havilland DHC - 6 Twin Otter With Amphibious Floats?:confused: Planned use is in New Zealand and I need to land both water and runway. The Aerosoft looks like it only comes with straight floats. Is that accurate? Is there another equally good twin engine with amphibious floats that might fill the bill?

Thanks for any input.

AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz oc'd to 4.4, 16 gig 2133 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 980Ti w/4gig

OS=Windows 10 64 bit, FSX w/Acceleration & P3d v3, 4, 5 REXII, OrbX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

Do a search for Premier Aircraft, or Barry Blaisdell. You should find many of them there.

Darrell

Thanks Darrell! Good tip!

AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz oc'd to 4.4, 16 gig 2133 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 980Ti w/4gig

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

Where can I get a de Havilland DHC - 6 Twin Otter With Amphibious Floats?:confused: Planned use is in New Zealand and I need to land both water and runway. The Aerosoft looks like it only comes with straight floats. Is that accurate? Is there another equally good twin engine with amphibious floats that might fill the bill?

Thanks for any input.

It comes with amphibious floats.

Features:

Eleven models (DHC-6 100 and DHC-6 300 with wheels, tundra wheels, skies and floats)

I was unable to find a Twotter that had amphibious floats. I have a Maule that has that option, but it's single engine. My best suggestion would be a Grumman Goose. I have landed in the water and then about 20 feet offshore, lowered the gear and taxied up onto land. Works like a champ.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I was unable to find a Twotter that had amphibious floats. I have a Maule that has that option, but it's single engine. My best suggestion would be a Grumman Goose. I have landed in the water and then about 20 feet offshore, lowered the gear and taxied up onto land. Works like a champ.

Yes, it works like a champ for you and me. However jimmy Buffett would vehemently disagree! :o

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Thanks for the input.

Found an Aerosoft twin otter extended that sported the amphibian floats in Germany. Perhaps the extended did elsewhere too, but that was the only one that listed it.

I do like the Grumman Goose, but liked the twin Otter look and specs. I ended up getting the Aerosoft as well as the Premier aircraft freeware. The Aerosoft was worth the euro's! :). A VERY nicely presented aircraft!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

Archived