FSX on AMD

joshheard

Hello everyone!

I am looking for a gaming rig for FSX and decided to build my own. I want AMD because I find it more reliable than Intel. Intel just fails me. All the processors I have had have gone faulty in one way or another. Anyway, I wanted to build AMD for FSX and I have read countless AMD Vs Intel for FSX on forums. Some say AMD will just lag whereas some YouTube videos are amazing, some better than Intel without all the colour corrections.

Here are the specs I'm looking to get.

AMD FX 9590 8 Core

AMD R9 390X 8GB graphics card

16GB DDR3 1866MHz RAM

2TB SSHD

256GB SSD

800W PSU

And so on...

To sum up, will this run FSX ok? I'm mainly wanting to run FSX as the only game and maybe some lighter ones. Please he honest and don't just say Intel if you all say Intel then I'll give it a shot but I really want AMD so please comment, especially I'd your and AMD user yourself.

Cheers 🍻

There's nothing wrong with using AMD for FSX. I've built and sold a few boxes with that combo myself over the years. The people who bought them are quite happy.

I prefer the Intel for my personal use, but then again we could fight the Nissan, Mazda, or Honda question forever too.

Use what you trust! That's what I do. Everything you listed sounds fabulous & if anything over the top for what you need for FSX! HAVE FUN!!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Subaru..I'm on my 2nd Forrester in 15 years and I bought the latest one 2 years ago.

Yes I pass a lot of Subies on the highway. Do they run forever or just take forever to run anywhere? :rolleyes:

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Me, I don't use AMD, and, although I got an AMD GFX processor forced on me (or I'd have had to have paid for the repair, and I'm a cheap SOB), I am very not happy about it.

Read any review by any actual "professional" computer hardware type and they will tell you AMD is the low-rent, El Cheapo version of an Intel type processor. Just my opinion, and, as they say, everyone's got one, etc. :p

As to cars, I'll stick to Toyota. After 325,000 miles, all original except things like batteries, radiator, alternator, etc, mine just keep on truckin, as they say. I probably should rebuild the carb one of these days, but damn if it aint reliable. Fires right up every time...

My other Toy, same year, '87, same color, same cab set up, etc, only has about 175,000 on it, but I expect it to keep on going too...It's just a baby. :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived