FSX Aircraft with Auto Land Capability

DAVIDSTRAKA

Hey, if you want to avoid all the hassles of landing, there are alternatives. Don't takeoff! Or push "Go To Airport."

If however you like several commercial pilots I know actually like to fly. You might leave the aluminum tubes & fly a 172 or something similar as often as possible.

Remember Captain Sully Sullenberger? He has gone on record several times saying Autoland is hugely dangerous! Because pilots often forget how to fly.

Having said all of that. I fly the way I prefer. I hope everyone enjoys doing the same!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Hey, if you want to avoid all the hassles of landing, there are alternatives. Don't takeoff! Or push "Go To Airport."

If however you like several commercial pilots I know actually like to fly. You might leave the aluminum tubes & fly a 172 or something similar as often as possible.

Remember Captain Sully Sullenberger? He has gone on record several times saying Autoland is hugely dangerous! Because pilots often forget how to fly.

Having said all of that. I fly the way I prefer. I hope everyone enjoys doing the same!

I guess I have to agree with you. Auto Land is very dangerous :cool:

fsscr000.jpg

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, your creation is amazing! It just took me 3 flights to figure out the auto land. Here are a couple shots from Miami to Savannah.

Nice shots ....

But now try it in a 20 knots cross wind with some turbulance set ..:)

By the way, the conditions to activate the Autoland are described in the manual..

Rob

Nice shots ....

By the way, the conditions to activate the Autoland are described in the manual..

Rob

Thanks Rob. I did read the manual. The 3,000 foot AGL thing got me at first. I was descending to ATC's altitude assignment and then activating the Auto Land. The only question that I have is when you are descending to approach altitude assigned by ATC, then activate auto land, it stops the descent before you reach assigned altitude. I had to initiate a final descent after activation. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks! Love flying the aircraft.

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I find it kinda silly myself.. I find landing a plane no harder than pulling my car in the

garage. Doesn't matter what plane. If I can can fly it, I can land it. Manually. :pilot:

So to let a airplane land itself doesn't bother me at all, because I don't think there is

anything special or particularly noteworthy about landing a plane manually.

But saying all that, as I've already stated, I land by hand most all of the time.

I guess that's why it's no challenge to me.. After several thousand times...

I'm much more impressed watching someone do a stable and level high alpha pass

in a F/A-18, than watching someone land a F/A-18, even if the landing is on a carrier.

Nice shots ....

Rob

I've got a flick in the video forum doing that in a 737-900. "crabby" Over 25 knots,

with some gusts. The plane had no problems doing the landing, and also no problems

with the roll out guidance keeping it pointed down the runway after landing, which

was the main thing I wanted to test.

OK, OK! I hand landed. Most of my flights are like that. It's just fun to try something new :rolleyes:

fsscr022.jpg

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All my artificial SWA flights are hand landed. They don't do autolands at all, and

instead use the HGS for murky wx mayhem.

My BBJ's, I probably hand land 98% of the time.. Largely because I also use the HGS

in those I suspect.

I just added a new BBJ to my fleet this past week or so. It's a 700 with the same

paint as what I have on my "house" 600 and 900 BBJ's.

The only difference is I painted the wings white, instead of the bare aluminum as I

have on the shorter 600 with the same paint scheme..

So now I have two 700 BBJ's to use.. The new one, and also the Coleman jet which

is a 700.

I suspect I will be using this new one quite a bit. It has the HGS as all my artificial

BBJ's do.

bbj.jpg

Archived