New F/A-18C/D versions released today!

PhantomTweak

FSC Gauge trouble, I am trying the F-18 16.1 model in my triple monitor build and when I load the aircraft the heads up display shows in big red letters "FSC Fail" then when I try to get out it crashes the program. Any help? Now I have just used the BA panel without error but it does not use the FSC gauge.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Found that problem, this newer build I had yet to install the vc_redistx64 or 86. the 86 took care of the FSC gauge however, the 16.1 set gives me a runtime error when I either go to change planes or end the flight. Now it works on my older computer and the Blue Angels section works fine. Wondering what is causing this.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

That runtime error is a new one on me. I'll ask over on the FSDT forums and see if anyone has seen it. I'm sure Orion knows what's going on. He's a freakin' genius, imo :)

As soon as I hear something back, I'll let you know!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Well it appears to be with the FSC gauge because I removed the to FSC windows in the panel and no more error. I believe it has something to do with the visual c++2015 redistributable (x86). the one installed in my old computer where there is no problem is visual c++2015 redistributable (x86)-14.0.23506 and the one I downloaded from the link in the survey is visual c++2015 redistributable (x86)-14.0.23026. This the only thing I can think of.

Mike G.

Think I found the trouble. Used the self installer on the newer computer and it installed the proper c++2015 for me. I stand corrected, still gives me a runtime error when I try to change aircraft or end the flight. Now I am puzzled, Just what does the FSC do for me in the FSX simulator anyway?

Mike G.

Think I found the trouble. Used the self installer on the newer computer and it installed the proper c++2015 for me. I stand corrected, still gives me a runtime error when I try to change aircraft or end the flight. Now I am puzzled, Just what does the FSC do for me in the FSX simulator anyway?

I'm asking on the FSDT forums about your runtime error problem. We will get it cleared up.

The FCS (Flight Control System) on the FSX BA C model Hornet, v16.1, control the flight surfaces of the plane. It's a fly-by-wire system, essentially. You tell the plane's computer system what you want the plane to do with the stick and rudder, and the computers get together, talk about it for a few microseconds, then decide IF what you want can be done, and if so, how? The computers then move the plane's control surfaces (including the LEX and TEF flaps), to accomplish what you want it to do. If the computer decides the plane can't do what you've asked of it, for whatever reason, the computers try to make the plane do as close to what you've told them as possible.

The v16.1 has one of the most advanced FCS systems in the sim world. They've been creating and improving it ever since FSX Acceleration came out, and they created the default f-18 for it.

Orion and Sludge work on military simulators, and Jimi, well, I'm not exactly sure just what he does, but he's active duty Navy, and has something to do with F/A-18's, and lately, the F-35C. They also have a number of Hornet drivers from the Navy, past and present, in testing and advisory roles. The v16.1 FCS has been favorably compared to the F/A-18's real-world FCS in it's abilities and functions by them.

Without the FCS the plane will fly, but not very correctly to the real world aircraft. It may as well be the default plane.

Hope that answers your question :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Wow, that is pretty cool. back to my issue, the gaubes obviously functions in my older computer and I thought because it had the right c++2015 installed I found because I used the installer and it added that to my computer automatically. So instead on manually installing it in my triple monitor setup I used the installer there to and it added the microsoft visual c++2015 redistributable (x86)-14.0.23506 is now installed. With that the only other thing I do is resize the windows in the panel to function properly with three screens which not meaning I could make a mistake but have done the for hundreds of windows by now. The fuel gauge gave me some trouble but have that working fine. I must have something conflicting somewhere now. Maybe the older version of microsoft visual c++2015 redistributable (x86?

Mike G.

I'm asking on the FSDT forums about your runtime error problem. We will get it cleared up.

The FCS (Flight Control System) on the FSX BA C model Hornet, v16.1, control the flight surfaces of the plane. It's a fly-by-wire system, essentially. You tell the plane's computer system what you want the plane to do with the stick and rudder, and the computers get together, talk about it for a few microseconds, then decide IF what you want can be done, and if so, how? The computers then move the plane's control surfaces (including the LEX and TEF flaps), to accomplish what you want it to do. If the computer decides the plane can't do what you've asked of it, for whatever reason, the computers try to make the plane do as close to what you've told them as possible.

The v16.1 has one of the most advanced FCS systems in the sim world. They've been creating and improving it ever since FSX Acceleration came out, and they created the default f-18 for it.

Orion and Sludge work on military simulators, and Jimi, well, I'm not exactly sure just what he does, but he's active duty Navy, and has something to do with F/A-18's, and lately, the F-35C. They also have a number of Hornet drivers from the Navy, past and present, in testing and advisory roles. The v16.1 FCS has been favorably compared to the F/A-18's real-world FCS in it's abilities and functions by them.

Without the FCS the plane will fly, but not very correctly to the real world aircraft. It may as well be the default plane.

Hope that answers your question :)

Pat☺

Why did they leave the FSC gauge out of the Blue Angel Liveries?

Mike G.

Another question, if I use the Blue Angel Panel for the other aircraft as well? I also have more info on the runtime error. the events log gives me this:

When using the FSC Gauge

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: visualfx.dll, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb59

Exception code: 0x40000015

Fault offset: 0x000048a9

Faulting process id: 0x1a0c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d2848622404e0d

Faulting application path: C:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\FSX\visualfx.dll

Report Id: 163f9ec0-f0b7-11e6-bf1a-e03f498468c0

Mike G.

I think you're using the BA panel from an older version, before the FCS was completed, and ready for use. Or perhaps from Peter's version of the plane, which never included the Hornet_FCS.dll gauge call-out.

As to your runtime problem, I would try reading through THIS THREAD. Some excellent info in it on this problem.

According to the thread I mentioned, it could have to do with a corrupted .fx file, the uiautomationcore.cll, your registry needing cleaning, and so on. Did you let the installer for the v16.1 install the effects into the \FSX\Effects folder? I believe some of them superceede the older effects Peter's planes use. Just a thought.

I'm still waiting for a response on the FSDT forum, and will let you know as soon as I hear anything. The error readout you printed will be quite helpful, I am sure. I suspect it has to do with the way we're mix-n-matching models, effects, .dll files and all the rest. You may wind up having to uninstall all the FSDT planes and starting over, and doing without a D-model backseat cockpit. I am not sure about that, just guessing, BTW.

Not super helpful, but we'll get it squared away, you wait n see :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have suspected everything you have mentioned myself. One thing I am pretty sure of is that is is definitely related to the FSC gauge. I have tested everything else., removed all of the previous models, let it self install etc. the only thing I can see that is different from my other computer is the three models. Very puzzling and it is the only aircraft giving me the runtime error. I also read the thread you recommended last night.. One other thing I have gotten that I haven't had before, when bouncing around ,switching through the different aircraft a window has come up a couple times telling my I need a higher video card that mine didn't have enough memory or something like that and FSX will now close. And it did! Kind of od considering my build (see my signature) Of course I restarted FSX and everything ran fine again.

Mike G.

Archived