FSX Steam Edition Needs a seperate forum.....

Skyseek

Flightsim.com please setup a seperate forum. My next thread will be Steam Edition Related and you may need to move it when an actual FSX SE forum is created.

Thanks!

With all due respect, I disagree 100% with splintering the FSX forum based on where/how the sim was purchased.

With very few exceptions, FSX:SE is identical to boxed FSX SP1+Acceleration. I know this because I have them both, and for a time, ran them side-by-side until I convinced myself that the Steam edition could be "trusted." Then I uninstalled my FSX Deluxe SP2 so that addon installers wouldn't get confused, and kept the old installation as a backup.

To my mind, creating a separate FSX-Steam forum would be like creating separate dealerships for Chevrolet Malibus and Chevrolet Impalas.

One of the benefits of having all FSX-related threads together as they are now is that those trying to decide whether to get FSX:SE can find pros and cons, discussions of the minor differences, etc. from a population of simmers who use both versions- boxed and Steam. Trying to be as objective as possible, I can't see ANY advantage to fracturing the FSX Forum along Boxed/Steam lines.

I don't know if this is up for a Member vote, but please put me solidly in the NAY camp.

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

No need for a separate forum for SE. This one works very well for both boxed or steam editions.

Darrell

+1 for Darrell.... and his Ultra-Classic, too, from a diehard Road King rider.

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

+1 for Darrell.... and his Ultra-Classic, too, from a diehard Road King rider.

Oh, but that's not an Ultra Classic. It's a Honda Gold Wing, which I think is classier than the Ultra! But, that's just my opinion. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

With all due respect, I disagree 100% with splintering the FSX forum based on where/how the sim was purchased.

With very few exceptions, FSX:SE is identical to boxed FSX SP1+Acceleration. I know this because I have them both, and for a time, ran them side-by-side until I convinced myself that the Steam edition could be "trusted." Then I uninstalled my FSX Deluxe SP2 so that addon installers wouldn't get confused, and kept the old installation as a backup.

To my mind, creating a separate FSX-Steam forum would be like creating separate dealerships for Chevrolet Malibus and Chevrolet Impalas.

One of the benefits of having all FSX-related threads together as they are now is that those trying to decide whether to get FSX:SE can find pros and cons, discussions of the minor differences, etc. from a population of simmers who use both versions- boxed and Steam. Trying to be as objective as possible, I can't see ANY advantage to fracturing the FSX Forum along Boxed/Steam lines.

I don't know if this is up for a Member vote, but please put me solidly in the NAY camp.

What he said! Though I can't believe he deleted a redundant sentence!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived