How many simmers still use fs2004?

mgovernali

FS2004 as there is no need for me to buy a new state of the art computer that when I have it, I still might be not able to run FSX full max. Also the addons, UTT creating new models like the B787-900 only for FS2004, the sceneries, etc. I think I will run FS2004 in 10 years or more when a computer would be powerful enough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catching up with this forum. FS9 exclusively. My fltsim time-gobbling is split 90/10 on GMax and FS9. Honestly I forget what turned me off to FSX, its "game" aspects, GMax incompatibility? These days I'm rebuilding my system after an inadvertant memory wipe.

Win10 I5 8RAM GTX650 I've both I fly 90% FS9 all maxed out no problems reliable 100%stable , FSNAV FSGlobal UT REX Multicore next 50 more add-ons. FSX visually much better but on my PC unstable as hell and the prop discs are all black in flight, if I could just find a way to solve that I would fly FSX much more.

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg

Win10 I5 8RAM GTX650 I've both I fly 90% FS9 all maxed out no problems reliable 100%stable , FSNAV FSGlobal UT REX Multicore next 50 more add-ons. FSX visually much better but on my PC unstable as hell and the prop discs are all black in flight, if I could just find a way to solve that I would fly FSX much more.

FSX - FSX Misc. FSX Correcting Prop Issues

[ Download | View ]

Name: prop_fix.zip

Size: 1,330,292 Date: 12-23-2009 Downloads: 2,527

prop_fix.gif

FSX Correcting Prop Issues with FSX & Service Pack 2 - An Illustrated Tutorial. Improper display of aircraft propellers when using FS2004 aircraft in FSX with Service Pack 2 is a well known issue. The "fix" has been documented in several forum posts but it was thought an illustrated tutorial outlining the correction steps would be useful. Compiled in .doc and .pdf formats for your flying enjoyment by David "Opa" Marshall.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm on FS9 since it came out, because it is the best with all the addons. FS9 is technically superb when the computer is a high performance. FSX may look nicer in various respects but not so stable as F9. I've started FSX a few times, but came back to fs9 every time after a couple of flights.I'm afraid that many newcomers are convinced that FSX must be better, and start hence fsx, but only because it is newer and it "must" be better...

As long as new addons come out, I will stay with FS9.

Jive1 - Belgium

Still love FS9, with all its lovely add-ons (thanks to all those great people, who spend time and trouble, enriching my flight sim experience).

Just about sorted out how to add aircraft, scenery, and A.I so still very happy with FS9.

Hello everyone. I know this has been done many times before, but I was wondering how many of us simmers still use the old but trusted FS2004/FS9, V.S. FSX/P3D/XPlane?

Please participate, as it is important that software designers know what we simmers need.

Thank you.

P.S. No comments are necessary, just name the sim you are using.

Thank you kindly.

Still enjoy FS9 - Invested too much time and money into the sim to have to do-it-all-again in the newer versions.

I know the newer versions have better graphics, but you dont see much terrain flying FL400 in an A380-800 ;)

Newer machines are also speeding up the frame rates on the old FS9; I havent had any stutters coming into highly detailed airports in my new 8GB laptop.

I will certainly stick with FS9, and old FS9 software is also dropping in price at some places.

FS9 for me :)

Guest lavochkin
I still use FS2004. Waiting for a new sim in 64 bit. But I wait another year and see which one I want after I buy the 1080TI graphics card.

Aaron, I see your 55GB, & raise to 70.2GB for my 'Ford Tri-Motor' install.

My Golden Wings install is sitting at only 38GB.

I also have P3D, but that's collecting dust, as FS2004 just keeps on working, &, as I prefer the older, slower & lower planes, I do not have any Boeings or Bus's.

My main sim (99%) is the Ford install. Just with the Ford scenery, including sloping runways & ramps, as well as a 'Death Star' floating base with runways, that I was beta testing for the late Garry Smith.

I was getting bored with the usual point-to-point flying, when I found the Ford stuff with skins, scenery & various scenarios. So my Ford install only has that scenery, planes & skins,&, as it is also the repository of Milton's older stuff, as well as all Mike Stone's planes. I have also added all of Bill & Lynne Lyon's great stuff.

I keep the legacy ongoing, as a tip of the hat to those freeware developers that have given so much to us.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

I have an embarrassment of FS2004: 148gb in a single install, that's just the main folder size and doesn't include external mesh or utilities folders.

If my wife reads this, I got it ALL in the Sales :rolleyes:

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Like many others, because of the large amount of addons, (totalling about half of a 240GB SSD) I continue to run FS9. I have improved its performance over the last couple of years by replacing HDDs with SSDs, a GTX960 video card and Windows 7.

100% FSX for me since it was released. Although I never liked the default land textures. Thankfully that has been sorted by ORBX. I still have to keep my hand in with FS9 though because my 92 yr old father-in-law uses it and each time I visit he has a list of issues to sort out !

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Edited by stinger2k2

We are down to 10% or fewer, based on sales. Other clues are found in the message forae - FS9 forae can go for days with no one starting a new topic or responding to an existing one. We've entered the death spiral of fewer users and fewer products as a result. I maintain FS9, FSX, and soon a copy of P3D V4 because I do testing and support for one of the few vendors that still supports all three. Otherwise, I'd probably begin the shift to FSX simply because of product availability.

DJ

• 1 month later...
Been simming forabout 17 years. I have both FS9 and FSX installed on my computer running windows 10. David Reed and myself started a website about 6 years ago, http://www.Historicairlinegroup.com and all my older airports and aircraft are installed there. I have a lot of time,blood,sweat and tears invested in FS9, not to mention the money. If you have FS9 installed with REX weather and Ultimate Terrain, it is hard to beat. FS9 is a large file but it runs so smooth on my system. I have all scenery maxed out with frame rates set at 40 and it maintains so well. I have a decent computer but my FSX still doesn't run as good as the old FS9. As you can tell I love my FS9!

Don Burgess

Co-Founder

Historic Airline Group

http://www.historicairlinegroup.com

• 2 years later...

I think the most important thing is that we pay our deepest respect to the Sites that keep the older

'Sims' alive by maintaining and still upgrading their File-Libraries for the 'old sims'.

(FS9 - UTUSA FSSE)

sized_FS9_KBFI_FSSE1.JPG

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg