Just finished the download of Update 15 and the MANY World Updates in Content Manager. This one IS a whopper. Took my 600mbps Xfinity connection about 65 minutes to complete it. I can happily report that all went very smoothly and a quick test flight in my new Piper Tomahawk went off without hitch.

Disclaimer - the actual downspeeds I experienced varied from 45/50mbps to a max of 185mbps. No doubt the servers are quite busy.

Good onya Asobo/Microsoft.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

4 hours ago, loki said:

Don't forget to swing by the Marketplace for the free A320neo from iniBuilds.

I saw that it was being offered, but to be honest I'm only interested in piston aircraft - I don't think I've ever tried any of the jet airliners.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

1 hour ago, Sweetd31 said:

Didnt yal get a su-15 as well? Over on avsim it is 13 pages of dumpster fire since the update

Update downloaded, installed and ran fine for a quick flight for me.

Perusing through the thread I'm assuming you're referencing over at Avsim, and half of it is people just talking about the update being available and their download experience (seems to be better than some previous updates), and complaints about the Dune loading screen. Some have had problems, but not sure I would categorize it as a dumpster fire.

14 hours ago, Sweetd31 said:

Didnt yal get a su-15 as well? Over on avsim it is 13 pages of dumpster fire since the update

99% caused by incompatible add-ons I'm sure.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

This is the 1st update that went sideways for me so I had to reinstall MSFS . I don't know what went wrong but I am reinstalling it right now. All the other updates were a piece of cake.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

On 5/24/2024 at 9:51 AM, JSkorna said:

99% caused by incompatible add-ons I'm sure.

Wrong.  I'm running without a community folder......no addons.....crashes 12 out of 12 times.   Sim has run without a hitch for 4 years

now broken.  Unbelievable.

For the record, I have flown about 15 hours now since the update in all corners of the US with aftermarket airport, aircraft repaint, and scenery accessory add-ons. Not one issue. I'll also add that I forgot to temporarily move all of those aftermarket file folders (about 50 now) from the Community folder during the update. No problems.

In addition, I noticed an increase in FPS of 5-10%, especially in heavy weather scenery (GeForce Experience performance overlay monitoring). I'm running DX11, DLSS, and V-sync at 4K 60Hz/FPS with high to ultra quality sliders, and am still on the original install from August 2021 from the DVD version. My build is strictly for MSFS and nothing else, and I keep the Nvidia drivers up to date.

i7 11700K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS Z590-Plus TUF Gaming, Noctua NH-D15, 2x16GB G.SKILL TridentZ 4000, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, Super Flower 850W, SilverStone Redline SST-RL06 PRO case, Samsung 980 2TB M.2 (OS/MSFS), Gigabyte Aorus 48" OLED 4K 120Hz + LG 32" UN32650-W 4K monitors, Logitech Yoke + throttle + CH Pro Pedals

Two things. I've seen mention made of the Dune splash screens and someone apparently has got rid of/changed them. I hate them too so anybody got a clue?

And secondly in the getting on for four years the only time I have ever re-installed the sim was when I upgraded my computer last year. So following on from this update should I be thinking about doing a complete refresh?

On 5/27/2024 at 9:20 PM, gregb41352 said:

Now the final straw.   30% into my third reinstall the hard drive that I have MSFS installed on, or

installing into, is trashed.  Awesome.  Thanks microsoft.

Although I sympathise, I don't think it's possible that MSFS caused your hard drive to malfunction. In fact, it sounds like the opposite - your hard drive was on it's way out and MSFS crashing was a symptom.

Perhaps try running Crystaldiskinfo to check it's health.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide