I cannot down load the latest update

I have never had a problem downloading updates.  however, the latest MARCH 26 UPDATE APPEARS AND THEN VANISHES QUICKLY EACH TIME I BOOT UP THE SIM!!!  i HAVE EMPTIED MY COMMUNITY FOLDER AND STILL THE SAME.  Has anyone else had this issue?  Please help  teebirdie2@aol.com

There was no Update on the 26th. MSFS always checks for updates on startup and maybe that is what you are seeing. The latest version number is 1.36.2.0

And typically updates have been released on Thursdays.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Also the sim has been launching with the update screen flashing up and then starting in windowed mode for the past week.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

hello, i have the same problem!  The release of update 15 was clearly announced for March 26!  Each time i open my sim i get the disappearing.  page with goes away do fast that i cannot press the PAUSE BUTTON!  I AM CONCERNED AS TO WHY IT CONTINUES TO APPEAR ON THURSDAYS OR OTHERWISE?

win10, intel 9, NVidia rtx3080, 32 ram, 3 gig drive.

teebirdie2@aol.com

• Founder
On 3/27/2024 at 1:34 PM, tiger1962 said:

Also the sim has been launching with the update screen flashing up and then starting in windowed mode for the past week.

Apparently the windowed mode issue is a known problem. This was part of the most recent update announcement:

Over the last several days, we’ve noticed many reports about an issue affecting PC players where the sim will always open in windowed mode even if full screen mode was set. Players using both the regular release build and the SU_15 beta build are affected by this issue. The team has identified the source of this bug, and a fix will be coming with SU_15. In the meantime, the workaround to restore full screen mode is to set this option in your General Settings each time you launch the sim or simply press Alt+Enter on your keyboard.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/march-21st-2024-development-update/

• Founder
19 minutes ago, ecorry said:

hello, i have the same problem!  The release of update 15 was clearly announced for March 26!  Each time i open my sim i get the disappearing.  page with goes away do fast that i cannot press the PAUSE BUTTON!  I AM CONCERNED AS TO WHY IT CONTINUES TO APPEAR ON THURSDAYS OR OTHERWISE?

win10, intel 9, NVidia rtx3080, 32 ram, 3 gig drive.

teebirdie2@aol.com

The announcement says March 26 was a "target release date".

https://www.flightsimulator.com/

I don't see any announcement there that SU15 has actually been released.

They usually have a news update each Thursday late in the day, so check the official web site later today for news...

There was a recent notice of a delay for SU15. So far, no actual date yet.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sim-update-15-delayed/635719

Hi everyone,

As you may know, Sim Update 15 was initially targeted to be released tomorrow, March 26th. After careful consideration, the Sim Update 15 release will now be moved to April with the exact date to be determined. Your feedback has helped us identify issues that we would like to continue to work on, so many thanks from our team for your detailed reports and efforts. Our beta testing will continue during this time, and forum discussion can be accessed here: Sim Update 15 Beta.

We thank you for your patience and understanding and look forward to its release!

MSFS Team

i7 11700K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS Z590-Plus TUF Gaming, Noctua NH-D15, 2x16GB G.SKILL TridentZ 4000, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, Super Flower 850W, SilverStone Redline SST-RL06 PRO case, Samsung 980 2TB M.2 (OS/MSFS), Gigabyte Aorus 48" OLED 4K 120Hz + LG 32" UN32650-W 4K monitors, Logitech Yoke + throttle + CH Pro Pedals

• Founder

As usual, they did release an update today which includes:

"In case you missed it, we recently announced that the full release of Sim Update 15 (SU_15) will be slightly delayed from its earlier targeted release date of March 26. It’s important that we take the time to get it right, and after careful consideration, the team concluded that SU_15 isn’t quite ready yet. We’re now targeting a release for some time in April (exact date TBD)."

• 3 weeks later...

I want to add a "me too" to the original poster.  On March 26, I also got a message when loading the sim that there was an update.  Which never completed.  It went to 100% (a 1.6GB download) and stopped.  It would never complete - no decompressing of the files.  During the "load" on the 26th and after it didn't complete, it went into the sim and  I got severe performance spikes about every 1 second - after about 10 or 15 minutes of that, I closed the sim and re-started.   Since then, I get a very brief popup of that same update status of 100% downloaded but not complete and it takes me to the sim successfully.  And I also experience the loading into windowed mode even though I have set it to full screen.   

Should all be sorted when SU15 is finally released - believe I saw an announcement about 30 April.

A problem recently about uncompleted uploads was solved by someone who switched off all the on-line connections in Options/General/Data, restarted the sim then switched them back on again one by one.

A possible solution to stuck downloads, probably a corrupted file - sometimes happens if your internet connection hiccups. You should see the files loading on the left of the loading bar and will likely see one file being "loaded" over and over again. Stop the download, probably by forcing a shutdown, then you need to go into the sim file system and find that file - it will probably be in the MSFS/Microsoft Flight Simulator/Content folder but a search should locate it - and delete it. Restart the sim which will again check for updates and restart the loading but this time hopefully the errant file will download okay and you're good to go.