Hi everyone, I'm returning to flight simming after a long time away. I last used FS2002 or 2004 I can't remember. FS2020 is a different beast, I can't believe how good it is now. I'm using a Thrustmaster Hotas throttle and joystick and I've not managed to set it up so that I can smoothly pan around the cockpit and around the outside of the plane. it doesn't seem possible to assign the slew functions to the top hat. Any advice on how to do it, or how you pan around would be most appreciated.

Mike. 

YouTube has all the answers these days, here's a tutorial on the Thrustmaster Hotas: https://youtu.be/1Z5yhHAhWOQ

• Like 1

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I appreciate that new gaming hardware is not cheap, but for ME the best money I've spent in improving and enhancing the flight sim experience has been buying the improved 240hz IR tracker from Grassmonkey. It has wireless operation, puts no great extra demand on your computer's resources like a VR headset does, at $115 it's half the cost of other head tracker systems and the small shop owner/operator provides exceptional customer service. Whether in the cockpit or an outside view where I turn my head to look is what I see on the computer monitor. Makes it 'feel' like I'm sitting in the cockpit yet unrestricted view of the keyboard and no fumbling with the top hat switch. NO, I don't work for Grassmonkey. I'm just a VERY satisfied customer.

Grassmonkey IR tracker

Worth a look-see anyway IMHO. Not the total immersion offered by the rather expensive VR headsets and advanced computer needed to run VR, but it's still a big step up in simming.

• Like 1

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

• 1 month later...

My Thrustmaster just plugged in and was working correctly without any input from me. Have you checked to see if you have the latest drivers installed - I found some help on the Thrustmaster website. Check bindings in the Options/Controls menu.