How do I install FSX scenery

gambit9m

I am using FSX deluxe and I was trying to install KLAX Version 3.0 I moved the folder containing the bgl files to the FSX addon scenery folder then I opened the sim and tried to add the scenery using the "add area" button. After clicking the "add area" button I browsed to the KLAX folder and clicked on it, next I clicked the okay button but it just opened the folder.

I have tried installing several different scenery's but the only way I can get them to work is by putting the bgl files in the FSX addon scenery/ scenery folder but that can cause problems when your replacing an already existing airport.

I'll try to add pictures later.

1 hour ago, gambit9m said:

I am using FSX deluxe and I was trying to install KLAX Version 3.0 I moved the folder containing the bgl files to the FSX addon scenery folder then I opened the sim and tried to add the scenery using the "add area" button. After clicking the "add area" button I browsed to the KLAX folder and clicked on it, The secret is to right-click in the white of the folder, before you click the OK button     next I clicked the okay button but it just opened the folder.

I have tried installing several different scenery's but the only way I can get them to work is by putting the bgl files in the FSX addon scenery/ scenery folder but that can cause problems when your replacing an already existing airport.

I'll try to add pictures later.

• Like 1

I remember something about clicking inside the white area of the box instead of the OK button.  I think that was for any system  Win7 and above.  I think Robin got it right!

• Like 2

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

14 minutes ago, mrzippy said:

I remember something about clicking inside the white area of the box instead of the OK button.  I think that was for any system  Win7 and above.  I think Robin got it right!

Outside or inside the Box, it doesn't matter. Don't feel bad; I go a few months without installing any Scenery, then go through the motions and that little 'quirk' always catches me!

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

20 hours ago, mrzippy said:

Is there a way to fix this?

On 2/28/2024 at 10:16 AM, mrzippy said:

Nope, it's just the way it works!

That's kind of sad, but I was able to install the scenery! 

After installing the scenery none of my ADE airports showed up.

5 minutes ago, gambit9m said:

After installing the scenery none of my ADE airports showed up.

You may need to reorder the library entries, moving the ADE airport sceneries to a higher level.

• Thanks 1

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

On 3/1/2024 at 11:05 AM, lnuss said:
On 3/1/2024 at 10:59 AM, gambit9m said:

You may need to reorder the library entries, moving the ADE airport sceneries to a higher level.

Actually my problem was I needed to move the ADE library entries lower. I moved them just above all the areas that were titled like "0781" and directly below all the areas that had actual names and that seemed to fix the problem.

P.S My problem was that whenever I started a flight the engine of the plane I was flying in would not run.