Coloured salt pans

1 hour ago, stinger2k2 said:

They look good but the ones I am thinking of were circular.  Perhaps they weren't salt pans? I assumed that's what they were.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Keith

These are in Australia.  Could you link the video you saw?

fdg90wlkgeu51.jpg

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

These are not what you are looking for as they are not circular but, as a consolation prize, they are worth a visit.  They are the  potash mines' evaportion ponds about 5 km SW of Moab in Utah USA.

Moab.jpg

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.

On 11/19/2023 at 10:28 PM, stinger2k2 said:

I refound obsidianant's video and they aren't circular 🫢.  They are more like Nspoles's suggestion, though not them I don't think. Anyway, those two suggestions will suffice for me so thanks . Where exactly are the Australian ones please?

They are probably the pans in the area of Marne about 300 km north-east of Perth.  

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.

23 minutes ago, nsproles said:

They are probably the pans in the area of Marne about 300 km north-east of Perth.  

Thanks to Google Earth. An interesting formation.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

• Founder

Here's a thought...to try and find where the pans in the video are, take a screen capture from the video and use Google's image search to see if there is a match.

If you're not familiar with this, go to www.google.com and click on the camera icon all the way to the right in the search box. It will then ask you for a image to search on. I don't think a lot of people realize that Google can do this, but I've found it really handy.

Also, using Microsoft Edge browser, right-click on the picture and select "Search the web for image" - this is the result:

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64