New to my hangar...

The FSR500, approaching Paris in the rain:

spacer.png

Blackbox Sims Shorts SD330 over the Isle of Man:

spacer.png

The SD330 arriving at Shannon:

spacer.png

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just noticed your post included an Isle of Mann shot!  In fact that is the Isle of Mann tail logo as well.  That shot brings back sweet memories of visits there. 

In fact the "trike shot" by my name in this site was taken at a pull off on one of the public roads where the Isle of Mann Tourist Trophy is held each year.  While we were touring the route our guide said you had to qualify with an average speed of over 100mph for a whole lap to even enter the event.  The TT is held every year on the narrow crooked roads that crisscross the island.  And even cuts through the several heavily populated areas.

And no, other than wrapping the occasional tree with padding, there are almost no rails or any of the safety precautions installed like there on almost every other motor speed event.  It's run where everyone drives the rest of the year.

What a fun place to drive or ride and tour!! By law on the open roads all over the Isle, no speed limit postings are allowed or enforced!!  Though the towns often have posted speeds as you would expect.  Think you're cooking along at 80 or so on a out in the country straightaway?  Better watch your mirrors!!!  You might get passed by several others before you hit the next curve or even while in that curve!! 

The motor vehicle parking area on the Isle of Mann Ferry often, especially on weekends, sports some of the most outrageous high speed yet street legal vehicles you're likely to see anywhere!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.