MFD has black screen.

I always fly from the runway and both displays are on. Now the Bonanza G36 and the Baron G58 have the MFD blacked out. What is going on?

MadMav 24

Omen 45L - Intel i9-12900K W/Liquid Cooler - 64Gb DDR4-3733MHz Heatsink RAM - GeForce RTX3080 - ATX 800W 80+ Gold PSU - 1x2 TB WD Black M.2 SSD. - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit- Logitech Pro Flight Rudder Pedals- TrackIR v5 - Sony 4K 75" TV Monitor - Modified Obutto OZone Cockpit.

yes

Omen 45L - Intel i9-12900K W/Liquid Cooler - 64Gb DDR4-3733MHz Heatsink RAM - GeForce RTX3080 - ATX 800W 80+ Gold PSU - 1x2 TB WD Black M.2 SSD. - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit- Logitech Pro Flight Rudder Pedals- TrackIR v5 - Sony 4K 75" TV Monitor - Modified Obutto OZone Cockpit.

35 minutes ago, mrzippy said:

Lack of electrons flowing to the MFDs after the flight starts?  Generators/Alternators on?

I never take off. Just sitting on the runway with the MFD not functioning. Yes, alt on.

46 minutes ago, MadMav24 said:

I never take off. Just sitting on the runway with the MFD not functioning. Yes, alt on.

OK, just to be on the same page as you....Do you start at a gate with the MFD working and by the time you are at the runway it goes dark?  Or do you start at the runway with it working then it goes dark?  It works until it goes dark because of a lack of electrical power to the MFD after a short period of time?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2023 at 5:51 PM, mrzippy said:

OK, just to be on the same page as you....Do you start at a gate with the MFD working and by the time you are at the runway it goes dark?  Or do you start at the runway with it working then it goes dark?  It works until it goes dark because of a lack of electrical power to the MFD after a short period of time?

First, I apologize for not getting back to this topic sooner. But, I had to go to the hospital for a week. Then a week for recovery from the hospital visit.

I start on the runway. The MFD is black from the start. In the past, the PFD & the MFD were both up and working. I have never used a cold start from a gate.

MadMav24 

The MFD malfunction does not affect my Carenado T182 . The MFD works fine as it is setting on the runway.

MADMAV24

Do you have the Heavy Division B78XH mod installed? It's not supported any more and is known to cause all kinds of issues like this so please uninstall it.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

1 hour ago, tiger1962 said:

Do you have the Heavy Division B78XH mod installed? It's not supported any more and is known to cause all kinds of issues like this so please uninstall it.

The only mod in my folder is for the lights to function on the throttle quadrant. The autopilot is fighting me to control the aircraft just like the other aircraft.

MadMav24

17 minutes ago, MadMav24 said:

The only mod in my folder is for the lights to function on the throttle quadrant. The autopilot is fighting me to control the aircraft just like the other aircraft.

MadMav24

Have you tried removing that mod to see what happens?

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

4 hours ago, tiger1962 said:

Have you tried removing that mod to see what happens?

I removed it. No change really. The auto pilot refuses to follow course. I can change from NAV to HDG and follow the course on AUTOPILOT. The Bonanza G36 and the Baron G58 still have black screens on MFD.

MadMav24

12 hours ago, MadMav24 said:

I removed it. No change really. The auto pilot refuses to follow course. I can change from NAV to HDG and follow the course on AUTOPILOT. The Bonanza G36 and the Baron G58 still have black screens on MFD.

MadMav24

Are you sure your system AND your sim are fully up to date? Try checking in Microsoft Store for updates, also in Windows update and install all updates listed.

Then check in MSFS Content Manager for any updates and install all of those.

If there are no updates, or the updates have made no difference, try these steps:

Delete the ROLLINGCACHE.CCC file located in: AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

The sim will create a new one on it's next reboot. I do this almost every day (I'm forever tweaking and breaking the darn thing).

Next, if you're on Windows 11, go to your Start menu, Apps, Installed apps, and scroll down to Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Click the three dots on the far right and select Advanced options. Scroll down to the Reset section and click the Repair button.

Reboot the sim.

If the clear cache & sim repair has made no difference, try this Windows 11 repair batch file created by "N6722C" on the MSFS official forums:

Copy and paste the below lines into Notepad, save the file type as All files (*.*) and name it DISM.bat

echo off
cls
echo #####################################
echo #      REPAIR MSFS by N6722C        #

echo on
echo (1 of 6)
Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
rem pause
echo -----------------------------------------
echo (2 of 6)
Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
rem pause
echo (3 of 6)
Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth
rem pause
echo ------------------------------------------
echo (4 of 6)
sfc /scannow
rem pause
echo (5 of 6)
Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore
rem pause
echo (6 of 6)
Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
echo .
echo #        --- FINISHED -----         #
pause

Double-click the batch file to launch it, it should take about 30 minutes to run.

I run this batch file at least once a month because it's well worth doing - I've set a monthly reminder in my Outlook Calendar.

Hopefully one or more of these steps will fix the AP/black screen errors for you.

On 11/8/2023 at 8:05 AM, tiger1962 said:

Are you sure your system AND your sim are fully up to date? Try checking in Microsoft Store for updates, also in Windows update and install all updates listed.

Then check in MSFS Content Manager for any updates and install all of those.

If there are no updates, or the updates have made no difference, try these steps:

Delete the ROLLINGCACHE.CCC file located in: AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

The sim will create a new one on it's next reboot. I do this almost every day (I'm forever tweaking and breaking the darn thing).

Next, if you're on Windows 11, go to your Start menu, Apps, Installed apps, and scroll down to Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Click the three dots on the far right and select Advanced options. Scroll down to the Reset section and click the Repair button.

Reboot the sim.

If the clear cache & sim repair has made no difference, try this Windows 11 repair batch file created by "N6722C" on the MSFS official forums:

Copy and paste the below lines into Notepad, save the file type as All files (*.*) and name it DISM.bat

echo off
cls
echo #      REPAIR MSFS by N6722C        #

echo on
echo (1 of 6)
Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
rem pause
echo (2 of 6)
Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
rem pause
echo (3 of 6)
Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth
rem pause
echo (4 of 6)
sfc /scannow
rem pause
echo (5 of 6)
Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore
rem pause
echo (6 of 6)
Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
echo .
echo #        --- FINISHED -----         #
pause

Double-click the batch file to launch it, it should take about 30 minutes to run.

I run this batch file at least once a month because it's well worth doing - I've set a monthly reminder in my Outlook Calendar.

Hopefully one or more of these steps will fix the AP/black screen errors for you.

Tried to run the batch file. Got: ERROR: 740, Elevated permissions are required to run DISM. Use an elevated command prompt to complete these tasks.

17 minutes ago, MadMav24 said:

Tried to run the batch file. Got: ERROR: 740, Elevated permissions are required to run DISM. Use an elevated command prompt to complete these tasks.

My apologies, right-click on the .bat file and select Run as adminstrator.

22 hours ago, tiger1962 said:

My apologies, right-click on the .bat file and select Run as adminstrator.

I ran the DISM file. No change. MFD screens still black.

MadMav24

4 minutes ago, MadMav24 said:

I ran the DISM file. No change. MFD screens still black.

MadMav24

Did you do any of the other steps before running the DISM file?

1 hour ago, tiger1962 said:

Did you do any of the other steps before running the DISM file?

I ran every single one. I made a copy of those fixes the last we ran into this problem. 

MadMav24

40 minutes ago, MadMav24 said:

I ran every single one. I made a copy of those fixes the last we ran into this problem. 

MadMav24

Are you sure that you have no liveries or other mods installed for the G36 and G58?

On 11/10/2023 at 3:02 PM, tiger1962 said:

Are you sure that you have no liveries or other mods installed for the G36 and G58?

I have deleted every livery in Content Manager, but the default version of the G36 and G58. The Community Folder has been emptied. I have been through every repair that you have listed. I have tried flipping the Avionics Master on and off. But the switch cannot be flipped up, even though it turns yellow when the cursor is placed on it. 

MadMav24

13 hours ago, MadMav24 said:

I have deleted every livery in Content Manager, but the default version of the G36 and G58. The Community Folder has been emptied. I have been through every repair that you have listed. I have tried flipping the Avionics Master on and off. But the switch cannot be flipped up, even though it turns yellow when the cursor is placed on it. 

MadMav24

Aha! If the switch can't be moved there's probably a control assignment conflict - a button or switch on your controller(s) is conflicting with the keyboard command for example.

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2023 at 3:02 PM, tiger1962 said:

MadMav24

Apparently the black screen on the MFD has been fixed with the last update.

Mad Mav 24