SPLIT 2004

MIKE MOIR

I haven't been in the Forums for several years now but returned to Split, Croatia to see the Split04 scenery by Davor Puljevic.  As before, I found that the scenery of the Split area is basically good, but there are some serious display issues and noted that there are two fixes - SPLITFIX.ZIP and LDSPFIX2.ZIP which may sort the issues but I can't find them anywhere to download. Anyone know where to find them?  They are referred to in the Flightsim.com file but there seems to be no way to download them.....

i don't know which would be the correct forum to post this question, but I'm sure it isn't this one which is intended solely for MSFS 2024.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

• Founder

Use the search function, the darker blue box found at the top of every web page here.

For your search term use "Split04"

In the search box change the dropdown to say "files"

By doing this I was able to find the exact two files you are looking for.

This is how file searches currently work. It's not like it was with the previous site software so takes some getting used to.

8 hours ago, MIKE MOIR said:

Split, Croatia

The actual airport and surrounding area is great, I hope that the scenery helps bring that to life for you in 2004.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

Many thanks, Nels, apologies for my ignorance.....  I used Flightsim.com for many years until it changed format, and I could no longer find my way around!

I did manage to find the files related to Split04 and installed them.  They didn't solve the issues I had - strange green hills east of the terminal which don't

exist in real life, the 'blueing' out of a large square of the GPS map north of the field, and a catastrophic CTD about 90nm west when coming in from Italy

at FL210 with no error message.  This could only be sorted by disabling the addon scenery. Thanks again for your help, I'll be using this excellent website in future!

Mike

Hello Mike, welcome to the forum.

I have the scenery you mention installed, and indead the blue square appears on the GPS at zoom 100 and greater,and on the map.

Split1.jpg.165038e3050f4a96d29cc9d6a5c41947.jpg

But I don't get crashes to desktop nor do I see the strange hills you mention.

But one thing to check is that the "LDSP Split" scenery is above (a smaller priority number) than "LDSP Split Landscape" in your add-on scenery list:

Split5.jpg.a41321b9c717c746b43cb5e686740e9f.jpg

Your scenery list will probably look different to mine as I use an add-on application to manage scenery but the principal is the same.

Incidentally flying into the blue square is not a problem. I flew to LDSS and landed at this grass strip without problems.

Hope you get it sorted as the scenery is worth it, even if the blue square is a PITA.

Thanks for that ( from one Scottish Mike to another!)

I only experienced the CTD flying Pisa to Dubrovnik and Venice to Split at FL210 in an Embraer 190 at about the same place (90nm west of Split).  I have no problems flying light aircraft along

the coast or a Saab 340 at 9000ft from Pula or Dubrovnik to Split.  Very strange.  Yes, I've flown from Split through the blue rectangle and over the Krka NP with no visibility issues at all. We were on

holiday in Trogir a couple of weeks ago and the scenery is a vast improvement on the default!

38 minutes ago, MIKE MOIR said:

Thanks for that ( from one Scottish Mike to another!)

I only experienced the CTD flying Pisa to Dubrovnik and Venice to Split at FL210 in an Embraer 190 at about the same place (90nm west of Split).  I have no problems flying light aircraft along

the coast or a Saab 340 at 9000ft from Pula or Dubrovnik to Split.  Very strange.  Yes, I've flown from Split through the blue rectangle and over the Krka NP with no visibility issues at all. We were on

holiday in Trogir a couple of weeks ago and the scenery is a vast improvement on the default!

This may sound strange, but if you're getting the CTD only with the Embraer 190 but not with other Aircraft, it could be the Embraer that is causing the issue.

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

I flew a test trip in this Piaggio east from Genoa heading 100 degrees at 21,000' (So approaching Split from Italy in the west).

I only started the descent 30 n.m. from Split and no problems.

Spit3.thumb.jpg.9fade82e0a927e3d38ca02c08cc6f5ec.jpg

Split4.thumb.jpg.d83bfdd35d6075d95200219d643f6f9b.jpg

Did you check the priority of the two folders that make up the scenery?

Thanks, guys.  Suspecting that there was something odd about the Split scenery, I disabled it and flew the E190 on the same Pisa - Dubrovnik flight with no problem....

I'll have to work on the Landscape issue.  Again, thinking landclass files should all be in the same folder, I moved the Split landscape files into my Addon Scenery\Landclass folder.

The green hills are still there.  I have FS Global 2010 installed - maybe a glitch there?  I would attach a picture, but it's a png file and I'm not sure how to convert it....

I am a bit confused by what you mean by your: Addon Scenery\Landclass folder

Is it a folder you have created?

When you say you moved the Split landscape files into that folder do you mean the: Split Landscape 2004/Scenery folder or the actual files contained within it? What else is in the Addon Scenery\Landclass folder?

Davor Puljevic's instructions have lost something in translation and one detail is incorrect:

"

INSTALLATION:
Unzip Split_Croatia2004 to the temporally folder. You will get two folders:Splitairport and Split-landscape2004.
Copy both to FS2004 addon scenery folder. Start FS2004, use scenery library option and pick both sceneries to the list.
Important:add first landscape and second airport scenery(Landscape must be lower(lower numeber) than airport in the list.
If you download croatiamesh it must be the lowest in the list. Press OK and close FS2004. Start again FS2004 to activate
new sceneries and enjoy.

By Davor Puljevic, Zagreb, Croatia"

What I think is clear is that the two foders

Splitairport

and

Split-landscape 2004

both need to be entered seperatley in your scenery library with Splitairport as a higher priority (i.e. above Split landscape 2004 in the list) Split-landscape 2004 will have a LARGER number in the scenery list, not a lower one as Davor says in his instructions.

I ScenerySplit.jpg.78158c8937662fd898f74e363b13ddf7.jpg

The items at the top of the list have the highest priority but the smallest number. Both the split folders need to appear on the list with Splitairport above Split-scenery 2004.

I hope this helps.

The Landclass folder was created a while ago to accommodate various files where the author says to put the landclass files (no Texture) in a separate folder.

Currently Landclass is [Area.175] and SPLITAirport is [Area.150] in the Scenery cfg folder.  They have been the other way round but no difference.  I have always found it easier to add new sceneries to the scenery cfg folder, numbering in sequence than the other way.  I managed to convert the png file to jpg but I may not have submitted it...  Should be OK now.

I'm planning to fly Venice to Split by either B737 or A320 this week to test for crahes to desktop.  I must say that the Dreamwings Embraer 190 is my favourite passenger jet which I've flown all over Europe with no problems.  Still strange...

The Landclass folder was created a while ago to accommodate various files where the author says to put the landclass files (no Texture) in a separate folder.

Currently Landclass is [Area.175] and SPLITAirport is [Area.150] in the Scenery cfg folder.  They have been the other way round but no difference.  I have always found it easier to add new sceneries to the scenery cfg folder, numbering in sequence than the other way.  I managed to convert the png file to jpg but I may not have submitted it...  Should be OK now.

I'm planning to fly Venice to Split by either B737 or A320 this week to test for crahes to desktop.  I must say that the Dreamwings Embraer 190 is my favourite passenger jet which I've flown all over Europe with no problems.  Still strange...

All I can suggest is you move the Split landclass file out of your Landclass folder and enter it in your scenery folder below the SplitAirport as per the installation instructions. The landclass files are best installed individually as they are related to the scenery  they came with. If all in the same folder it will be difficult to give them all the correct priority.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks hgschnell for the flatten - now no little hills!

The current state of the scenery is Split Landscape = priority 26 (area 149 in the cfg) and Split Airport is priority 27 (area150).  Hope this is correct (so confusing!).

Will try the Venice - Split flight with the E190 tonight.  Fingers crossed that the issues are all solved (except the PITA blue square!)

Yes!  Successfully flew the Embraer 190 Venice to Split with no issues!

Thanks to all who responded with their suggestions and for their patience.

Clearly a case of incorrectly installed scenery and confusion about priorities and scenery levels.....

Leaving Split now for Morocco to continue a grand tour of Africa started in January.  Will return to Split again, though!