Adding Airports not in FSX to FSX which may be in FS2020

DTumminia

Also, look at the Scenery and AFCAD files available here on FlightSim and other sites.

Many of the scenery files from FS9 (2004) work in FSX, but this is a trial an error process.

https://www.flightsim.com/files/category/104-fsx-scenery/

https://www.flightsim.com/files/category/122-fsx-afcad-files/

• Like 1

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jorgen.s.andersen said:

Don,

Try going here:

https://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx.HTML

Tons of stuff to choose from, also from Dan-the-Man French, alias dlfrenchmd - sorry Dan, couldn't help that one 😉

Jorgen

The aforementioned Site is a good Database, but remember that all the Links leading to Files here are all dead since the Big Change. You'll have to find the Files in the Library by Keyword.

• Like 1

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

It's not freeware but ORBX has tons of really great scenery software from airports to countries and continents that should really enhance your flying experience.  Try a free "Demo" version and decide if it's worth your investment.

• Like 1
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I'll second the ORBX recommendation for FSX (or for P3D V2, also) as being rather special. Try the demos to see how it is to fly in the regional sceneries (neat stuff) and you can try some of the free airport sceneries, but they work best with the various regional sceneries, since elevations (among other things) change with the regional sceneries. In many areas, even within FSX or P3D, these ORBX sceneries will look almost photographic, and there are lots of interesting unexpected items, such as farm implements in many farm fields, occasional animated animals (cow, deer, etc), and much more, including improvements in most airports within the region.

I have all of their regions for North America (SoCal to South Alaska), along with several of their detailed airports, and it's great stuff.

• Like 2

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

On 10/10/2023 at 11:20 AM, lnuss said:

I'll second the ORBX recommendation for FSX (or for P3D V2, also) as being rather special. Try the demos to see how it is to fly in the regional sceneries (neat stuff) and you can try some of the free airport sceneries, but they work best with the various regional sceneries, since elevations (among other things) change with the regional sceneries. In many areas, even within FSX or P3D, these ORBX sceneries will look almost photographic, and there are lots of interesting unexpected items, such as farm implements in many farm fields, occasional animated animals (cow, deer, etc), and much more, including improvements in most airports within the region.

I have all of their regions for North America (SoCal to South Alaska), along with several of their detailed airports, and it's great stuff.

Well said!  And the other advantage I see is that once you download them, they are there on your hard drive.  You don't have to go online and wade for all the inane hours of updates of the new online sim just to fly where you choose to fly!

I still don't understand how someone, me in this case, must spend hours upon hours with mandatory updates to use some software I already bought, paid for, and choose to use without Big Brother monitoring every key stroke I choose to make on a product I already paid for!!!!!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.