Really Need Assistance

I have MSFS2020 which I purchased from Microsoft about 1 1/2 years ago.  I have been using it without issues and have enjoyed it very much.  The only issue I have encountered it getting signed up and logged in to the Microsoft Flight Sim forum.  I have never been able to get signed up.  I have no idea what is wrong and have been unable to get anyone but a robot to respond with automatic responses all of which I have tried without success.  There is simply no support there with account issues signing up.  I have been a member of various SIM forums since before FS9 was released and never had this much trouble with any of them.

Is this forum sponsored by Microsoft or have anything to do with Microsoft?  Maybe I should complain to Microsoft.  I am really stumped and don't know what to do.  The most pressing issue is that I purchased an add-on plane that I need to remove then attempt to reinstall but no clue how to do this.  This forum recommends joining the Discord Chat group to contact the developer of the plane but Discord sounds to me like its a bunch of chat crazed folks who love to this form of social media with endlessly chat. That is noting I have any interest in joining but with no access to the MSFS2020 foum I am limited to get the info I need or a refund. Can anyone advise me how to go about removing the plane possibly from the community folder and reinstalling without hacking my install of MSFS2020.

I would appreciate any input regarding any Microsoft support I could turn to for assistance in getting the MSFS2020 forum account info fixed.  

Thanks very much

Processor 11th Gen Intel® Core i7-11700F @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)

Nvidia Geforce GTX 2060

Three issues to comment on:

a. this forum is independent

b. as loki wrote: to run MSFS you need a Microsoft Account. Either you had one, when you purchased MSFS or you created one. Generally Login Information consists of your email address and a password you selected when you created your account. It may be the same you maybe use when logging into office 365 (if you use it). I personally use different logins.

c. when you purchased your plane, did it come as a file with an installer? Or did it come as zip archive (or other archive like rar)? Or just as download link?

1. Installer - re-run it, it should copy everything to the correct location.
  2. archive - extract it. If it contains an installer, see (1). If it contains directories, copy them to the community directory.
  3. link - download it again and see what you get.

attached example: an add-on Lockheed Electra in my community directory.

example.JPG

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 32Gb RAM,

NVidia Geforce RTX 2600, 3 Monitors (two 1280 x 1024, one 1920 x 1080),

SSD 1000 GB and SSD 500 GB

The above responses are accurate regarding the the official forums.

Regarding the plane, which one is it and where did you buy it? Three options are: 1) Via a third party distributor, such as ORBX, 2) The in-game marketplace, 3) On a website that gave you a .zip file to download. The installation/uninstallation process is different for each.

(Having re-read what I wrote above, I realised how complicated this all seems. But we're here to help)

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

one little thing to add:

if successfully installed the plane should be listed in the MSFS Content Manager.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 32Gb RAM,

NVidia Geforce RTX 2600, 3 Monitors (two 1280 x 1024, one 1920 x 1080),

SSD 1000 GB and SSD 500 GB

TO ALL WHO RESPONDED  MUCH THANKS

I cannot recall how this was purchased, but believe it was a link.  Pretty certain I used a CC and could research who the vendor was.  Pathetic ugh?

To address some of the questions in the replies:

• Log in to the official M/S simulator forum:  It is quite possible the account issue was due to computer name assigned to the Admin, me and possibly did not have a M/S account at that time.  The purchased was linked to an email address that I use seldom but active.  There is no question about and fairly certain that email address was indeed associated to a M/S account that was created shortly after installing MSFS 2020.  The name that appears on the sim screen at the top right is part of the email address which is the user name. That user name was never used as a M/S account, that I am certain of. That email address never worked with the official M/S simulator log in.  Recently in an attempt to address this log in issue myself, I created another M/S account which worked logging into M/S but not the sim.  This was done to check the password and user name/email address of the new account.  As I understand it, a M/S account is really necessary to log into the official forum but any suggestions that can be made regarding how to simply start over with a new account for the form that works would be nice to know.  I believe the forum associates my unique MAC address with any new name I use which may originally been captures and will always kick me out.  A real mystery indeed.

Plane purchased through Market Place inside of MSFS2020: Mustang C510 by Cockspur was on sale under $20.  Flew this in FS9 and FS10 and really missed it with 2020.  Without access to the forum, there isn't much I can do but the primary issue with the plane I corrected yesterday afternoon, which was a wierd camera setting under instruments called shadow hide ?? which totally by accident I stumbled on it. The other issues are in the plane genetics which might get fixed, no RNAV support, poor modeling of the Garmin 1000 flight plan programming, no altitude selector on AP panel requires 10K turns to get a 1000' change in set altitude and no modeling of the altitude adjust on the Gamin 1000. Enough of that for now...

Thanks so much again and let me know if there is anything that can be offered with the M/S msfs2020 forum log in please.  I'm not going to jump in that Discord cesspool.

Nvidia Geforce GTX 2060

Developers are not allowed to give after-sales service on the flightsimulator.com forums, so you would need to go Cockspur's Discord channel https://discord.gg/YUFbu4x7 for advice.

However, if you wish to remove the C510:

Click Profile at the top of the MSFS main screen, then select the Content Manager screen.

Search for Cockspur.

Select the C510, then click Delete in the bottom right corner of the screen.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

On 7/26/2023 at 3:35 PM, tiger1962 said:

Developers are not allowed to give after-sales service on the flightsimulator.com forums, so you would need to go Cockspur's Discord channel https://discord.gg/YUFbu4x7 for advice.

However, if you wish to remove the C510:

Click Profile at the top of the MSFS main screen, then select the Content Manager screen.

Search for Cockspur.

Select the C510, then click Delete in the bottom right corner of the screen.

Thanks for the reply especially the info on the support from the creator.  Too bad I feel about the lack of support at the MSFS forum.  I misstated one of the issues I mentioned, its the VNAV non support that is missing.  The G1000 is not fully modeled including VNAV as no altitude can be programmed into the G1000 nor will it support vertical stipulations when using pre-established approaches. Maybe a fix later. 

Nvidia Geforce GTX 2060