Is my hardware enough for MFS2024?

Hi,

My name is Josala, I live in Barcelona, Catalonia.

I am a FSX user and I want to buy MFS2024, but I need to know if my hardware is enough to make it work well, since the processor is a bit old:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU  3.40 GHz  -  Ram: 16Gb - Graphics:  RX590 Fatboy 8G

Thanks in advance

Josala

As far as I know, no specific hardware requirements have been published for this planned new sim that is to be released for sale in 2024? But yes indeed many of us are waiting for that info.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

As noted above, we don't know what the system requirements are for MSFS 2024 yet and, even more importantly, how the sim runs on those specs. On the other hand, I doubt the requirements are going to be lower than those for MSFS 2020, so you could start there for an idea. Looking at the specs you posted, your CPU is at the lower end.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013463459-Minimum-Recommended-and-Ideal-PC-requirements-for-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum(s) Josala.............Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/3/2023 at 6:32 AM, Josala said:

Hi,

My name is Josala, I live in Barcelona, Catalonia.

I am a FSX user and I want to buy MFS2024, but I need to know if my hardware is enough to make it work well, since the processor is a bit old:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU  3.40 GHz  -  Ram: 16Gb - Graphics:  RX590 Fatboy 8G

Thanks in advance

Josala

It depends on your expectations. I also ran an i7-3770 witha GTX1660 for a while. My rolution was 1080p Ultrawide (about 30% more taxing than regular 1080p). My settings were a mix of med-high with an occasional Ultra setting.

I found complex aircraft and high-traffic areas (such as big airports, NYC, London, etc), dragged performance down to the low 20 FPS. Otherwise, during landing and takeoff I was usually limited by the CPU, and during cruise by the GPU. Since landing and takeoff is where you need smoother framepacing the most, I would focus on upgrading the CPU first.

Edit:

I would also say, try the FS2020 with the gamepass trial for $1 (don't know how much that is in your local currency). If you're satisifed with the performance of the sim, there's a good chance that you'll be ok with FS2024.

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide