Cursor controls dead

1 hour ago, Hippicorn2 said:

when the ATC menu is open the cursor controls no longer function.

What specifically is the issue? Cursor controls?

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

6 hours ago, Hippicorn2 said:

Yes, as stated

As stated by you or Zippy?

So your issue is with mouse control.

Please clearly explain what your exact issue is so that we may all be able to assist you with a solution.

Also, is this default ATC or an add-on? If an add-on, which one.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

A couple of funny yokesers you two are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

phrog x 2.jpg

On 6/16/2023 at 9:05 PM, PhrogPhlyer said:

As stated by you or Zippy?

So your issue is with mouse control.

Please clearly explain what your exact issue is so that we may all be able to assist you with a solution.

Also, is this default ATC or an add-on? If an add-on, which one.

As stated by me. At the moment I control the aircraft direction using the cursor keys. When the default ATC window is open the only keys that work are the  number keys to respond to the ATC. All other keys are dead until the  ATC window is closed.

5 hours ago, Hippicorn2 said:

cursor keys

The separate directional up/dwn/lft/rt and/or the directional up/dwn/lft/rt (8/2/4/6)?

5 hours ago, Hippicorn2 said:

only keys that work are the  number keys to respond to the ATC. All other keys are dead until the  ATC window is closed.

Is this the total keyboard (letters and numbers across the top)? And this statement is different than your initial comment (below):

On 6/15/2023 at 11:33 AM, Hippicorn2 said:

the cursor controls no longer function.

What exactly can you do and/or not do? Do the letter keys work, with or without caps lock, do the numbers work.

What are you trying to do? Type words, select from the ATC "what so you want to do" list.

I'm not clear as to what you need to do and can't.

phrog x 2.jpg

On 6/19/2023 at 9:02 PM, PhrogPhlyer said:

The separate directional up/dwn/lft/rt and/or the directional up/dwn/lft/rt (8/2/4/6)?

Is this the total keyboard (letters and numbers across the top)? And this statement is different than your initial comment (below):

What exactly can you do and/or not do? Do the letter keys work, with or without caps lock, do the numbers work.

What are you trying to do? Type words, select from the ATC "what so you want to do" list.

I'm not clear as to what you need to do and can't.

I use the up/down/left/right keys (NOT keypad keys). I get no response from them while the ATC windows is open.

The ATC window expects certain inputs and, I believe, overrides/blocks others.  You'll find this common with many programs, a couple of online games I play are infuriating in this respect.

3 hours ago, jgf said:

The ATC window expects certain inputs and, I believe, overrides/blocks others.

After reviewing many many conversations on this issue on several other sites, this appears to be true.

There is no fix, other than set ATC to not pop open but to let you know there is a new ATC msg waiting.

3 hours ago, f16jockey_2 said:

I suppose getting a cheap joystick is not an option?

It would not only solve this problem, but also greatly enhance your simming.

Sometimes the simplest answers are the hardest to see,

phrog x 2.jpg

2 hours ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

After reviewing many many conversations on this issue on several other sites, this appears to be true.

There is no fix, other than set ATC to not pop open but to let you know there is a new ATC msg waiting.

Sometimes the simplest answers are the hardest to see,

Also makes me wonder if he has a mouse?  Why make the cursor jump around using the keyboard when it's far easier to point and shoot?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

24 minutes ago, mrzippy said:

point and shoot

If only (metaphorically of course).

• Thanks 1

phrog x 2.jpg

5 minutes ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

Let's hope so!  There's way too much of the real thing going on to suit me.  I don't need another weapon induced hospital stay!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

20 minutes ago, Rupert said:

Let's hope so!  There's way too much of the real thing going on to suit me. 

Totally concur.

phrog x 2.jpg

45 minutes ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

Of course that is a photographic phrase, not normally related to weaponry.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!