23 minutes ago, MaxLegroom990 said:

Has anyone noticed that what we used to consider repaints are being placed where completely original aircraft used to be found on our favorite download sites?

a) Please give a couple examples so we can see for ourselves what you are referring to, and

b) If this is so, what is the issue?

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

• 2 weeks later...

Both of you have a point.  What I have reacted to is really a problem related to Avsim's file system, which has a section for original aircraft, which is mostly filled with anything but original aircraft.  There are lots of textures, some AI flight plans, and a few original aircraft.  Perhaps the reason I looked at this is that adding aircraft for MSFS is largely a payware experience.   

Screenshot 2023-06-28 115419.jpg

Robert Smith

Agree with loki!  Most developers are not using the old familiar sites to download their freeware products.  Lots of repaints by jankees are uploaded here, AVSIM and Simouthouse sites.

• Like 1

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

17 hours ago, MaxLegroom990 said:

It's kind of sad that they've passed us by here.  I went there, and found some interesting things to download later.  The computer I'm using to post this is my FSX computer, and time (and MSFS2020) has passed it by, too.

To be expected. They want to drive traffic and trade to their own websites. And let's face the fact that `Original Aicraft` means different things. In certain fora it only means `Aircraft that are created by the Developer expressly for... ` MSFS changed that concept, without any discussion, to suit their own agenda. So now we have to understand and comprehend that `our` interpretations have to be amended in order to fit someone elses world....