Alaska 321 - Go Around!

In these shots of FSTraffic AI, the overhanging tail of a Hawaiian A330 holding (way) short for landing traffic on KSFO Runway 19L causes an Alaska B737 landing on 19R to have to go around. 🫣

image.thumb.jpeg.baed2d777db7280e5a73d365b8186eb4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a6f38c684a3a3287a287d4835d98a154.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e41ff72eb0380aef004f30d4a7d9e0bc.jpeg

Nicely portrayed reflection of a real aviation situation.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

33 minutes ago, Nels_Anderson said:

The plane seems to be holding short at the wrong line...perhaps a flaw in the scenery design?

It could be altho I think more likely a flaw in the AI taxi program.  The A330 was cleared to taxi to 19L and cross 19R.  After crossing 19R it suddenly stopped as the 19L traffic approached with its tail still out on 19R and stayed there until the traffic landed, then resumed the taxi.  In the meantime, Alaska had to go around.

Even though taxiway Victor is not notated as a Hot Spot, it still is tight if stuck between the two runways.

KSFOTaxiwayV.jpg.91dac5177c57336c019f17e07d44ddce.jpg

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

17 hours ago, BillD22 said:

It could be altho I think more likely a flaw in the AI taxi program.  The A330 was cleared to taxi to 19L and cross 19R.  After crossing 19R it suddenly stopped as the 19L traffic approached with its tail still out on 19R and stayed there until the traffic landed, then resumed the taxi.  In the meantime, Alaska had to go around.

Glad they waved off!  And yes, those things things also happen RW as well.  A very recent taxi near miss was at JFK. 

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.