Is it Real or is it FS2020?

Pic 2 must be a line check, both are wearing Captain stripes.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

32 minutes ago, snave said:

Those pilots look like cardboard cutouts. Makes you wonder why they are there..?

To approximate the portions of the instrument panel covered by the pilots in the vintage shot.  Let's try not to take this stuff too seriously! 

4 minutes ago, jgf said:

Who flies from that viewpoint?

In a Connie, this would actually be approximately the right view angle from the Flight Engineer seat.  Again, keep in mind that the idea behind this shot was to compare a real Connie photo to an FS version of the same scene.

• Like 1

Both shots are  fairly similar.  But of course one taken with what appears to be Kodacolor is real.  Having said that, the FS version looks better than a lot of sim renditions I've seen.

I also hope and assume the RW pilots in the first view waited till they got their night vision back after that flashbulb flash before they even had the chocks pulled!!!!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

3 hours ago, jgf said:

Who flies from that viewpoint?

2 hours ago, jgf said:

Who's hating anything? 

How many minutes do you have in your MSFS log book?

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

On 5/18/2023 at 2:46 AM, loki said:

Let's stick to comparing the two photos shall we?

The scale of the pilots in the second image is unrealistic. Assuming MSFS, what is being done to correct this? How long to wait, this time? This has become a plethor of small, uncorrected issues. When do the developers plan to correct these myriad mistakes?

• Founder
26 minutes ago, snave said:

The scale of the pilots in the second image is unrealistic. Assuming MSFS, what is being done to correct this? How long to wait, this time? This has become a plethor of small, uncorrected issues. When do the developers plan to correct these myriad mistakes?

I guess I'm not seeing what you're seeing...in that photo, the seats fit properly in the cockpit, and the pilots fit in the seats. Their heads appear to be at the same level as the windows. So how are they out of scale?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snave said:

Which developers are you referring to? Any issues should be directed to whomever developed the Connie in question.

And again, this topic is about comparing the photos, not getting into another debate about what's wrong with the sim, or which sim is better etc.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, loki said:

Which developers are you referring to? Any issues should be directed to whomever developed the Connie in question.

And again, this topic is about comparing the photos, not getting into another debate about what's wrong with the sim, or which sim is better etc.

Amen to that!  This post was just meant to show how it would look using FS2020 to try and recreate an old photo.  That's all there is to it!!  No drama.  How bout we move on!?

• Like 1

Hopefully my facetious comment was not misconstrued, the image is indeed impressive, though my first thought was of a download many years ago which first induced me to create a panel - a light twin in which I was sitting there with a control yoke on the left, a control yoke on the right, and the center frame of the windscreen directly in front of me.

"Engineer's view" is an apt description, too few aircraft utilize this;  I've had a couple of bombers that allowed you to occupy the radio/navigator seat or engineer seat, though neither allowed you to peek in to the cockpit.

On 5/19/2023 at 3:25 PM, Nels_Anderson said:

I guess I'm not seeing what you're seeing...in that photo, the seats fit properly in the cockpit, and the pilots fit in the seats. Their heads appear to be at the same level as the windows. So how are they out of scale?

Verticality, unless both pilot and co-pilot are GIANTS and the real-world ones were dwarves. Look at the eyeline of each. And look at the shoulder width of the mimics? They don't look even vaguely real, unless modern pilots are all 6` 6", and I KNOW they aren't - I'm 5` 8 and still taller than many of my mates in the flying club, although many of the veterans have shrunk because of all the `g` they've pulled! 

A simulation is a representation of something, not the real thing. A simulation is something that represents something else — it isn't the real thing. At times you might perform a simulation as practice for real life, such as a flight simulation that’s used to train pilots.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

12 hours ago, BillD22 said:

Amen to that!  This post was just meant to show how it would look using FS2020 to try and recreate an old photo.  That's all there is to it!!  No drama.  How bout we move on!?

Simple and straight forward. These forums sure do take some odd twists and turns along the way.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.