Marketplace msfs2020 bugfree?

• ster100 changed the title to Marketplace msfs2020 bugfree?
19 minutes ago, ftldave said:

Of course they do

Oh No!!!! Say it's not so!!!!

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

3 hours ago, Nels_Anderson said:

The standard for software in general these days seems to be to rush it out to release as quickly as possible, and then fix the bugs after.

This seems to sum it up for me. I recall software bugs back in the day, but from what I could tell they were simply edge cases not caught during development. These days software seems to get shipped with known, and sometimes major, bugs. I can think of many many reasons why this is, but that would take the discussion into the realms of corporate culture, capitalism, management styles, marketing, work ethic, millenials, politics, AI, the occult, and the colour pink...so let's not go there.

• Haha 1

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

I have held - and continue to hold back - from MSFS because it remains error-full, bug-ridden and not worthy of the title of a Microsoft product. Unless/until they sort out ALL the bugs I am not spending another penny on this POC.

The problem is a lack of trust, brought about by the ongoing faults and absence of desire/ability to fix them.

I have ZERO trust in this iteration of sim-dom, currently. They could ask another developer to sort it all out and I would still not buy UNTIL `they` prove what was broken is now fixed. 

Meantime, it looks like P3Dv6 is imminent... One developer who doesn't construe inaccuracy and ineptitude as a `customers` fault or price for doing business.

Just as well, as the USAF have higher standards than ANY simmer.

• Founder

Well, with that decision made, you'll be holding back forever from getting MSFS 2020. It's been made clear that the sim will be in continuous development for years (i.e., the "sim upgrades", "world upgrades") and adding features invariably means new bugs. Given the complexity of the flight simulator they would never be able to "sort out ALL the bugs" so you are asking for the impossible.

Imperfect as it is, MSFS 2020 is the most fun I've ever had with a flightsim.

• Like 1

To Snave - Thankfully in the free market world economy, as far as I am aware no one is being forced to purchase MSFS 2020 or anything else for that matter. If you don't want to try it, don't. Problem solved. No need to report back here why you aren't going to join the ranks of millions of happy flight simmers -myself included - who ARE enjoying all that MSFS 2020 has to offer.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

2 hours ago, chicagorandy said:

Thankfully in the free market world economyz ... No need to report back here why you aren't going to join the ranks ...

There's some kind of contradiction there. This IS a forum and I wouldn't want it to just be happy talk and feel-good spin. The free part, in my mind, let's us be free to discuss the good, the bad, and the ugly ... and THE BUGS, doesn't it? I know that I learn things I didn't know from the critics, and I use my own filters when someone goes tin-foil hat, off the rails about Microsoft. payware, or whatever. I haven't invested in any MSFS due to its need for some essential bug fixes and repairs, but I can appreciate the dazzling eye-candy graphics, not to mention my own interest getting boosted by the recent AN-225 release, plus the Concorde. But, so far, I've voted with my feet, not gone there, no sale. But, hey, love those MSFS screen shots!

The main reason for addons being released with bugs is that in many areas the SDK is unclear or incomplete: definitions are given without an example or default value, or is defined as "not currently used in flight simulator". Some of the flight_model.cfg "not currently used" entries ARE actually used by the autopilot logic and shouldn't be set to 0 as the SDK implies. It's a work in progress and we can ALL be part of it by reporting these bugs via the Zendesk portal and be a positive, contributing member of the flight sim community.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I have an issue with MSFS 2020 Marketplace.  I work at a US military installation in Europe, however, the only APO's the credit card application recognizes are Africa, America, and Pacific - no Europe. So I can't register my credit card to make any purchases offered in the Marketplace.

Is there another source for add-ons I can use outside of the Marketplace and can easily be added to MSFS 2020 ?

"There's some kind of contradiction there. This IS a forum and I wouldn't want it to just be happy talk and feel-good spin."

As I understand it, this is a forum FOR those who simfly MSFS 2020. Owners and users of the product have NOT been discouraged from posting pro/con opinions. Those who come on solely to post that they are NOT going to buy it kinda sound like me going on to a Ford forum to explain why I like Chevy and refuse to buy Fords. Or perhaps me strolling into Wendy's to loudly announce that I like Burger King and statoing my reasons. Strikes ME as rather counter-productive activity. But that's just me.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Well said Randy. Like the man said: "If you're not not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

22 hours ago, Old School Air Force said:

I have an issue with MSFS 2020 Marketplace.  I work at a US military installation in Europe, however, the only APO's the credit card application recognizes are Africa, America, and Pacific - no Europe. So I can't register my credit card to make any purchases offered in the Marketplace.

Is there another source for add-ons I can use outside of the Marketplace and can easily be added to MSFS 2020 ?

Many developers offer their add-ons for sale elsewhere, including their own sites as well as other online storefronts such as here at the Flightsim.com Store, Orbx, Simmarket and Aerosoft. Start with the developer's website and go from there.

23 hours ago, chicagorandy said:

why I like Chevy and refuse to buy Fords

Won't get an argument from me on this one.  😉

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

Whenever I encounter something goofy in MSFS2020 (and YES, there are many) I digress back to the early to mid 80's. "We've come a long way, baby". Remember the square clouds, the three or four available colors, the three or four available aircraft, the three or four available airports. You can't call them "the good old days". The world ain't perfect.

• Like 1