OVERSPEED NOTIFICATION

worldsfair

Try this:

close fsx

open file fsx.cfg

find line: hide infotext=0

change to: hide infotext=1

close and save the file.

Keep in mind that if this eliminates the "Overspeed" warning, you will still get the clicking sound and you are going too fast!  Slow down or maybe increase the aircraft's Max_speed in the aircraft.cfg.

• Like 1

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

The whole reason behind the overspeed warning is to help you be responsible and aware of aircraft limitations. If you want to go faster, get a different aircraft.

"This is you Captain speaking, If you feel a bit of shaking or hear any strange noises don't be alarmed, I'm just ignoring the aircraft's structural speed limitations to get you to your destination sooner."

• Like 1

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

2 hours ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

"This is you Captain speaking, If you feel a bit of shaking or hear any strange noises don't be alarmed, I'm just ignoring the aircraft's structural speed limitations to get you to your destination sooner."

LMAO!!!  You could have added the disclaimer,"If I get you to your destination."

Having said that. I always have tried to sim. in the same manner as I RW flew.  Flying in a sim when I couldn't physically fly RW is part of how I, and from what I've heard, many others beat that part of my/their past that added to our PTSD issues.  

One poster asked why I used things like a checklist when I was only simming?  IMO if you're not doing things correct to procedure in the sim, you're just playing a video game.  (Nothing wrong with playing a video game of course, if that's what you choose to do.) 

Michael

• Like 1
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

The only notification that bothered me was "Don't sink"!  "Sink rate" was OK but whenever I was landing, even at the recommended rate using the Glide Slope, "Don't sink" blared over the loud speaker.  IMHO ya gotta sink to land! 🙄

1 hour ago, mrzippy said:

IMHO ya gotta sink to land!

Unless you're a seaplane.  😉

• Like 1

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

1 hour ago, Rupert said:

I always have tried to sim. in the same manner as I RW flew. 

As do many of us.

phrog x 2.jpg

phrog x 2.jpg

2 hours ago, lnuss said:

apparently an expired certificate.

Seems to be. I took the chance since Norton 360 said it was a low risk. I should have said so in the initial comment.

And another thread that went astray.

phrog x 2.jpg

21 hours ago, mrzippy said:

Try this:

close fsx

open file fsx.cfg

find line: hide infotext=0

change to: hide infotext=1

close and save the file.

Keep in mind that if this eliminates the "Overspeed" warning, you will still get the clicking sound and you are going too fast!  Slow down or maybe increase the aircraft's Max_speed in the aircraft.cfg.

There is no hide infotext=0 in the cfg. file.

3 hours ago, worldsfair said:

There is no hide infotext=0 in the cfg. file.

Just for the record:

the correct syntax is HideInfoText=1 or HideInfoText=0 (default).

BTW Some RW airplane crashes are confirmed to be caused by disabling warning systems (more spefically by popping circuit breakers).

Wim

• Like 1
b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

14 minutes ago, f16jockey_2 said:

BTW Some RW airplane crashes are confirmed to be caused by disabling warning systems (more spefically by popping circuit breakers).

Here is the link to the NTSB Safety Alert page. Much can be learned here to make you a more professional and safe pilot, RW or sim.

https://www.ntsb.gov/Advocacy/safety-alerts/Pages/default.aspx

phrog x 2.jpg

5 hours ago, f16jockey_2 said:

Just for the record:

the correct syntax is HideInfoText=1 or HideInfoText=0 (default).

Wim

Once again in the FSX cfg file there is no HideInfoText=1 or HideInfoText=0 (default).

1 hour ago, lnuss said:

Once again:

So insert HideinfoText=1 in the DISPLAY section of the .cfg

COPY HideinfoText=1 and then PASTE it into your FSX,.cfg under [Display].

image (1).jpg