A very swift Swift.

PhrogPhlyer

Having downloaded the Mach Loop Route Markers (scenery) by Peter J Forster, and the associated Flight plans by Dave Symanow, I finally decided to give them a try.

I felt that this needed to be flown with a British aircraft, so I chose the Submarine Swift by A.F.Scrub. This is an absolutely wonderful aircraft to see and a joy to fly, responsive and maneuverable while allowing precise control. Perfect for this low and fast route.

As the flight plan suggests, I flew from Anglesey Airport at  Llanfair-yn-Neubwll in Anglesey, Wales. The leased site is part of RAF Valley. I first flew an area familiarization at 2000 to 3000 feet and then reviewed the route before the actual run.

T/O, route entry, spotting each marker at an average of 300 kts, this course is a real challenge and a whole lot of fun. I had to kick into burner and do a few unauthorized low-level rolls once I got through it. Well, wouldn’t you!?!

Then back to the field, touch down, park and shut down the Swift… Open the canopy and all I could hear was the turbine winding down and the beating of my adrenaline pumped heart. Can’t wait to do this again!

Mach Loop 1.JPG

Mach Loop 14.jpg

Mach Loop 2.jpg

Mach Loop 3.jpg

Mach Loop 4.jpg

Mach Loop 5.jpg

Mach Loop 6.jpg

Mach Loop 8.jpg

Mach Loop 10.jpg

Mach Loop 11.jpg

Mach Loop 13.jpg

• Like 1

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

9 hours ago, Macroburst said:

swiftly swept into a sublime shock by your Swifts securing success!

Too funny, I couldn't have said it better myself. Definitely fun, give it a try.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

• 5 months later...
On 2/26/2023 at 10:31 PM, Macroburst said:

Phrog!

I was swiftly swept into a sublime shock by your Swifts securing success!

Fun course!

Looking great.

Keep them coming!

You're a poet and don't know it.  But your feet show it, they're Longfellows!

What I fun series Phrog!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

2 hours ago, Rupert said:

What I fun series Phrog!

Happy you enjoyed!

phrog x 2.jpg