Just wanted to add my two cents!

Downwind66

46 minutes ago, dlfrenchmd said:

the new upload system is terrific. Simple, quick, and efficient

I couldn't agree more!

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

10 hours ago, Nels_Anderson said:

I am no longer owner, since June 1 of last year. This was announced as front page news at the time.

Oh no!

Is this connected with the new software/appearance?  ("A new broom sweeps clean.")

• Founder
14 hours ago, jgf said:

Oh no!

Is this connected with the new software/appearance?  ("A new broom sweeps clean.")

Well yes, but it's not quite that simple. Even if Rick and I had retained ownership you would have been seeing new software and a new look. What we were running was past end of life and was no longer supported, so staying with it was not an option...we had been on borrowed time for several years. The new owners picked software that they were familiar with and felt would best support the site's needs into the future.

• Like 1

Well, I've been here since '98 and you were always at the helm;  hope you remain in at least an advisory capacity.

By coincidence a race sim site of which I've long been a member (2011) was recently purchased by another site, the two have different styles, aims, interests;  we all await what changes will be wrought.

19 minutes ago, Nels_Anderson said:

I had been at the helm (wait, that's a nautical term) ... at the yoke since the founding in 1996. I'm still interested in aviation so I intend to stick around in some capacity.

Glad to have you at the helm (yoke) I don't think these kids know how to steer! 

depositphotos_9460885-stock-photo-ships-wheel.jpg

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️